Swarovski CL 8x30 or alternative suggestions

Portland

FNG
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations on a pair of binoculars for travel. I'd like to stick to the 8x magnification. Price isn't really an issue, though I won't spend 3k for the NL Pures. While they are beautiful glass, for whatever reason the Pure line gives me serious rolling ball effect. I have a pair of ELs (current year model) and they don't make me sick at all. The Pures do. So all recommendations are on the table with the exception of the Pures.

My only criteria is that I want a top quality pair, something of quality. I like to buy once cry once, so I'd rather buy something I'm really happy with than to compromise. I've been giving the CL line a serious look, I just can't find much about the specs (coating, type of glass, etc.) I've looked through a pair of the 8x30s and I really like them. Do the CLs have any serious competition from any other brands (Zeiss, Leica, Nikon, etc.)?

I currently own a Swarovski EL 8.5x42 and an SLC 10x42.

Thanks!
Paul

Shraggs

WKR
Although not cheap, for the retail money theses are a great optic in my mind. Very comparable to the 8x32 el before SV.

They are my archery optic for elk or sporting events, so light, ergonomic and easily to one hand with near el glass quality.

The meopta 8x32 would be a close option optically, but heavier. As I have owned it too.

wyosteve

WKR
I have 8x30 and 10x30 CL's and 12x42 NL's. They all serve a different purpose, but the 8 and 10's are my 'go to' for vehicle use, closer in glassing and easy to pack/carry glass. I'd agree that the glass seems comparable to the pre-Swarovision EL's.

Macintosh

WKR
Are there any comparable binos to these size-wise and image-wise that have a single center hinge? I may be thinking of a diff model but dont these have the double hinge?

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the zeiss SFL is going to be very similar in quality to the CL, and close in price point. There is an 8x30 model