Swarovski NL pure with outdoorsman’s stud

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have Swaro NL Pure 10x42. Wanted to get some feedback on the outdoorsman’s stud and adapter. Have read a couple concerns about the warranty being voided or the stud not having a lot of depth with threads. Thanks in advance.

Swarovski doesn't even void the warranty for EL's that have been permanently modified by a third party machine shop to install the stud on those models. What makes you think they would void the warranty for an NL that they purposefully threaded from the factory for the intent of installing a stud so that it doesn't have to be modified?

OP
duckhunterrr

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
Swarovski doesn't even void the warranty for EL's that have been permanently modified by a third party machine shop to install the stud on those models. What makes you think they would void the warranty for an NL that they purposefully threaded from the factory for the intent of installing a stud so that it doesn't have to be modified?
That’s what I figured too. But I reached out and received confirmation via email this morning that it is not supported

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Insane that the top premium optics still do not have a tripod adapter straight from the manufacturer. All the design changes and improvements, yet they ignore the fact that the majority of folks that buy the premium glass want to use a tripod at some point for viewing. The old SLC 15x56 has the adapter.

OP
duckhunterrr

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
Insane that the top premium optics still do not have a tripod adapter straight from the manufacturer. All the design changes and improvements, yet they ignore the fact that the majority of folks that buy the premium glass want to use a tripod at some point for viewing. The old SLC 15x56 has the adapter.
Crazy isn’t it. Makes no sense

I just emailed SONA about it. I currently own NL 12's with the adaptor, EL Range TA's, and EL 8.5x42's and I'm in the market for an ATC, a BTW 95mm, and NL 8x32's. If they're not willing to change their position on this and honor the warranty then they'll lose a customer than has spent $10K on their glass in the last year and was planning to spend another $10K more.

I just emailed SONA about it. I currently own NL 12's with the adaptor, EL Range TA's, and EL 8.5x42's and I'm in the market for an ATC, a BTW 95mm, and NL 8x32's. If they're not willing to change their position on this and honor the warranty then they'll lose a customer than has spent $10K on their glass in the last year and was planning to spend another $10K more.

Their position seems pretty reasonable.

You're making a modification to the binocular that they've never endorsed, during which you replace parts. It sucks that the NLs don't have a tripod pin, but if Outdoorsman couldn't compel them to authorize it you won't either.

I don't own nls but......
I own 3 sets of els that all have the studs in them. I would not own them if they did not have studs. I've never had issues with the studs. If I managed to destroy the studs there is no way the glass is surviving.
Shame on swarovski for such a design on the nls. Alpha glass not on a tripod is average glass to me.

OP
duckhunterrr

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
I’m running a kestrel ring and going to use the universal small Mount from outdoorsman which will screw into it

Works like a dream.

Don’t use locktite unless you know you’ll keep forever

Easy on / easy off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m running a kestrel ring and going to use the universal small Mount from outdoorsman which will screw into it

I hate those stupid ass rings like them and Aziak. I have an Aziak and a RRS cinch both sitting here and they’re annoying to use. Not to mention the issues with Swarovski armor and there’s no doubt that’s going to accelerate that.

If this voids the warranty I’ll be removing it and selling my NL’s for something else. I love them but the ability to use the stud and install it myself was one of my main reasons for purchasing them.

Their position seems pretty reasonable.

You're making a modification to the binocular that they've never endorsed, during which you replace parts. It sucks that the NLs don't have a tripod pin, but if Outdoorsman couldn't compel them to authorize it you won't either.

No it’s absolutely ******* stupid when they thread it from the factory. Why else would they do that. If that’s their position, fine, but they’ll lose a customer over it. My EL Range TA’s are still within the return period too.