Swarovski now has AI incorporated in an optic

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Huh. Interesting idea anyway with the bird and mammal identification.
Being able to mark an object, hand your glass to your buddy and have arrows lead them to what you marked would actually be a pretty good feature.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Huh. Interesting idea anyway with the bird and mammal identification.
Being able to mark an object, hand your glass to your buddy and have arrows lead them to what you marked would actually be a pretty good feature.
This is a feature I would 100% use. Not so much for handing to a buddy but for relocating animals after moving off. Or to move off and get a bearing to guide another hunter to what you’ve found.

I’ve lost coues deer because I moved off of them to start guiding folks to where I saw a certain deer. If there was an accurate enough and light weight enough IMU to accurately guide you back to something “marked” that would be the bees knees.

This is a feature I would 100% use. Not so much for handing to a buddy but for relocating animals after moving off. Or to move off and get a bearing to guide another hunter to what you’ve found.

I’ve lost coues deer because I moved off of them to start guiding folks to where I saw a certain deer. If there was an accurate enough and light weight enough IMU to accurately guide you back to something “marked” that would be the bees knees.

Swaro has this in its EL Range TA. As long as you can see where you were when you "dropped the pin" it can orient you to what you dropped the pin on.

I think that they will be amazing for Birders and nature observers.
I have some at my work that are excited for these!

For hunting I don’t believe that these would be better any better than the TAs

I've heard mixed reviews on its accuracy. Any experience with it?
It's very accurate, you do have to have some kind of reference for where you ranged from. It uses the compass so if your calibration is off you might have issues.

Taking it out and using it helps to understand what it's doing and how to use it.

SDHNTR

WKR
Dumb. Given my recent experience with their Range TA, methinks Swaro is reaching too far. I see no place for this in hunting. And when there’s 10# of chit crammed into a 5# sack, something’s gotta give (like with the Range TA and its terrible glass and needless TA feature). Hard pass.

Not my cup of tea, but for swaros intended purpose, these make a lot of sense, hard core birders will think they are the coolest thing ever

They aren’t a hunting bino, not remotely designed for us, and people identifying birds with these will not have a negative impact on birds, just a cool expensive birders gadget

I am also of the opinion that technology is a net negative for us, but these don’t qualify imo. I would like to go back 30yrs in hunting technology and draw a line there, but of course the industry will try to self destruct for a few bucks and some recognition, but that’s a different subject

svivian

WKR
Dumb. Given my recent experience with their Range TA, methinks Swaro is reaching too far. I see no place for this in hunting. And when there’s 10# of chit crammed into a 5# sack, something’s gotta give (like with the Range TA and its terrible glass and needless TA feature). Hard pass.
I'm not sure why anyone thinks this was designed for hunting? secondly the bird watching market is substantially larger than the hunting community....

BBob

WKR
I don’t know any numbers but in and around my circles birdwatching is booming. They’re traveling and spending $$$ like crazy on gear just like all us silly hunters o_O