Swarovski sts or stc backpack spotter

Hey all, about to pull the plug on a spotter. At the moment I am dead set on a backpack spotter and I want it to be a swaro. I’m currently torn between the sts 25-50 or the stc I know there is a weight difference. Any first hand experience with both and the route a guy should go. Thanks in advance

wyosteve

WKR
A lot will depend on what you're going to use it for. I have an STX 65 and ATC and find myself grabbing the ATC 90% of the time. It is so compact and optics are great so personally don't see a need for the 65 most of the time.

OP
Jordan5452
A lot will depend on what you're going to use it for. I have an STX 65 and ATC and find myself grabbing the ATC 90% of the time. It is so compact and optics are great so personally don't see a need for the 65 most of the time.
Yes for sure. I should note I don’t currently own a spotter. So the ability to switch between two is a no go lol

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes for sure. I should note I don’t currently own a spotter. So the ability to switch between two is a no go lol
You really can't go wrong with either one optically, but I would personally go with the STS. Its going to cover you in a lot more situations than the STC. Happy to chat on the phone if you have any questions on specifics. I have used both in the field. (well ok.. im an angled guy, but the glass is the same)

OP
Jordan5452
You really can't go wrong with either one optically, but I would personally go with the STS. Its going to cover you in a lot more situations than the STC. Happy to chat on the phone if you have any questions on specifics. I have used both in the field. (well ok.. im an angled guy, but the glass is the same)
Yes I would definitely like to chat about this!

6.5x284

WKR
A little context on what you will be using it for would be helpful. Trophy mule deer? Go big. Opportunity elk/deer guy? Go small. Glassing shadows a long way away mid day? Go big.

I've had a 554 in the past and have since picked up the STC for my packpack spotter. Excited to use it this season. I still use a full size spotter for lots of things however.

Hey all, about to pull the plug on a spotter. At the moment I am dead set on a backpack spotter and I want it to be a swaro. I’m currently torn between the sts 25-50 or the stc I know there is a weight difference. Any first hand experience with both and the route a guy should go. Thanks in advance
What did you end up getting and are you happy with your decision?

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
Bump. In a similar dilemma deciding between these spotters

Tahoe1305

WKR
Interesting timing.

I’m debating scrounging up some “smaller” spotters for a comparison (it’s a hobby).

Things on my short list are:

-STM 65 (hopefully new to stable)
-Razor 65 (Gen I)…I like mine
-Kowa 77 (buddy has one and they are legit and almost light enough).
-Kowa 55 (had one before and didn’t like)
-Razor 56 (why not).

Admittedly lacking things like:
-ATC
-Leupold GR (had one and sold it in favor of razor)
-Nikon ED
-Athlon Ares

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have both the STS and the STC. I took the STC on about 95% of my trips.

93b3d80a019f874772f09449683bba8f.jpg