Sweet Looking Boot! Elk Look Out!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Yes sir, I saw a short video on them & they do appear to be a bit too soft or flexible. I like a boot to have some backbone to them. If I can achieve this through less total weight but a good medium to stiff sole & shank then that would be perfect. I love my Kenetreks but just looking to reduce some weight if it were possible without sacrificing ankle support. Thanks for your feedback!

ElkNut/Paul

ElkNut1, have you looked at the Crispi Colorado? The first time I saw it on here, I thought that it looked like the type of boot you were looking for, but from a "real" boot maker.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
couesbitten, yes it's a nice looking boot but it's an 8" boot, I'm looking for a 9" minimum but preferably a 10" for best ankle support with heavy loads, thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

CWalker

FNG
PSA, under armour has these boots marked down to 187.99 for clearance, plus an additional 30% off that price and free shipping. I picked up a pair for just under 140 with tax. Haven’t had them in the field yet but they feel great trying them on, seem to have a lot of support.

gburk

WKR
thanks CWalker.
can anyone comment on the fit on these, are they true to size? TIA

GClyde28

FNG
I've Been wearing the Kennetrek Mountain Extreme for about a month now and they are super comfortable but just too much boot for me... It could be a self induced mental game for me but they also lift my foot off the ground too much and no matter how "stiff" the leather is my ankles tend to try and roll due to the added height and slightly narrower sole.

I've been using the Danner High Grounds for the past 3 yrs In CO with great results prior to trying the Kennetreks.

I'm against UA as well but couldn't resist trying the infil ops on and after stewing over it I ordered some from Amazon. So far the boots are great but I haven't really done any strenuous hikes in them. They keep me low to the ground and have a nice wide sole with great traction which is what works for me. Washing my truck yesterday my feet stayed dry so they already beat out my Salomons!

Will try and update this in the next few weeks after getting some harder miles on them.
Thank you! I appreciate the review! I will be picking a pair up soon, I know they will do well for my elk hunting style!

Did you pickup the Tactical (Black) or the other? Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul

How did the UA Infil Ops boots end up and work out for y'all this season?

CWalker

FNG
thanks CWalker.
can anyone comment on the fit on these, are they true to size? TIA

They run pretty true to normal boot size. I wear a 10.5 in most tennis shoes and a 10 in most boots and the size 10 UA boots fit me just about perfect. It’s an athletic fit, very comfortable. They still offered free returns with them marked down like they are so I got a couple sizes and sent back the ones that didn’t fit. Hope this helps!

CW

gburk

WKR
ok think i'm outta luck since the 10.5's are sold out. free returns are tempting to try the 10s though.
cheers

ChrisAU

WKR
I wore them for my 1st rifle CO elk hunt this fall, harvested the bull in my profile pic so can't complain too much. They were comfortable and offered plenty of support, but, they were as waterproof as a pair of sandals. Wound up sending them back to UA and they gave me a gift card for the total amount plus tax, which was nice, even though I had bought them on sale at an online retailer. My 11.5's came in at 23.5 oz each roughly IIRC.

CWalker

FNG
Update on field use of these boots. I wore these in the Gila Wilderness for 5 days this fall and the boots were great. Put about 50 miles on them and they held up great. Being the Gila, didn’t have a lot of opportunity to test the waterproofness of them but we got 6” of snow dumped on us the last night and the boots never leaked taking camp down in it. They feel like a supportive basketball shoe more than a hiking boot which gives them a real athletic, agile feel. The boots give great support when walking over loose rocks and kept my ankle from blowing out on many occasions. Hope this helps you guys decision on the boots, let me know if there’s any specific questions about them and I can try and answer.