SWFA, what’s the deal?

I had one sent in for warranty, just got the call that they aren't ordering any more of them and got 600 dollars of credit.
I got the same call…my back ordered 1-6 HD was never going to arrive. They asked if I wanted to substitute anything for it.

Said they were not ordering anymore and weren’t planning a new version.

3-9 On the porch today with the upgraded black box when I got home. Ordered 12-30 if I remember correctly.
Wonder what the motivation was for the box upgrade?

Have about 9 swfa scopes including a 3-9 from 2016 or 17 I think.
All white boxes.
All mine have been white too. I didn’t even open the one that got here today, it’s still in the shipping box so I don’t know what the black box looks like.

All plain white but the binos and the new 1.
Have a moa 6X too but cannot remember what I did with its box but it was my first swfa in the plain Jane stapled white box I remember (at the time) thinking I should have gotten a little nicer box for my $299.
I have come to appreciate the plain boxes much more since then.

Attachments

• 20230106_232723.jpg
    20230106_232723.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230106_232005.jpg
    20230106_232005.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
What’s the play for zero stop shins on these 3-9s? I was sure I had a set for 3-9 and o e for 6x but they are both for 6x, I guess I gave mine away when I traded off my other 3-9.

All plain white but the binos and the new 1.
Have a moa 6X too but cannot remember what I did with its box but it was my first swfa in the plain Jane stapled white box I remember (at the time) thinking I should have gotten a little nicer box for my $299.
I have come to appreciate the plain boxes much more since then.
Yup. I got a tract rimfire scope that came in a really nice box….but it didn’t come with any sort of lense covers or anything. I’d take a crappy box and have the value go towards something more useful.

What’s the play for zero stop shins on these 3-9s? I was sure I had a set for 3-9 and o e for 6x but they are both for 6x, I guess I gave mine away when I traded off my other 3-9.
Tim is still doing it.
I'm not 100% for the 3-9
I think on my last one I got nylon washers from the hardware store. And had to drill out the center with a step bit.

I just got a set a couple months go for my 5-20
One benefit to paying the extra.
It came with one very thick shim. That was rite on the money for me.
I just emailed him, it would be nice to just have one thick one rather than several thin shims. Big he dosent make them I guess I’ll hit the hardwear store.

I just emailed him, it would be nice to just have one thick one rather than several thin shims. Big he dosent make them I guess I’ll hit the hardwear store.

Keep us updated if he does? Wouldn’t mind trying some when I finally get on mounted.

Back