Tale of two Shelters

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was just thinking that tarp off the front looks like a wind sail. I can see it's use in milder weather without high wind, but looks like a disaster in high winds waiting to happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
98009cc5cdc69ae4b6327de945bca161.jpg
f8fc04ffffad63f01d29cad0d98ec121.jpg
da94b64d0264f42e7e8eb11e702c22e3.jpg
thanks for the review.I don't have a Cimarron but on the past had,4 Man,6man, LBO,bt2 and Still have my silvertip from seekoutside.I have a sawtooth,its Quick to pitch but more i think about it and more i Found than having 2 Doors is really Handy and also a full zipper,the sawtooth the lenght of the zipper is small and sometime i hit my head.When its cold the sawtooth have some crazy slack and saggy fabric,with my seekoutside shelters it wasn't that bad.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
thanks for the review.I don't have a Cimarron but on the past had,4 Man,6man, LBO,bt2 and Still have my silvertip from seekoutside.I have a sawtooth,its Quick to pitch but more i think about it and more i Found than having 2 Doors is really Handy and also a full zipper,the sawtooth the lenght of the zipper is small and sometime i hit my head.When its cold the sawtooth have some crazy slack and saggy fabric,with my seekoutside shelters it wasn't that bad.

Agree something to be said about the double doors, at times its handy. I think the reason a longer zipper may not work as well on the sawtooth is the stove jack position, if the zipper came up the jack might have to be repositioned. For me thats a good trade off. I open a tie off the door on the opposite side of the stove , and with the stove being almost i the vestibule you still have the full with to sleep two guys comfortable. Slack in the winter is something i haven't had any issue with, i usually kick the pole up a couple clicks if need to take slack out. I also run a loop of 2mm cord on my primary stake loops that allow me to run it to a stake, either to tighten it up, or to raise it for ventilation and air flow. I probably should buy some cord locks but honestly a loop works as well.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
I just ordered a matty mcface. Going to run it in place of ground sheet on my half of the sawtooth. My buddy is bringing and ultra light cot.

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Added my own versions of line locks for more venting. I tried line locks and thought this was simpler
552c27eb9688003a61ee6ceade7506e7.jpg
508b79b743e5560d7d1a8673be48b1ff.jpg

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
Burned in the U Turn today. This is my third stove I have had, started with a Smith, then went to a lite outdoors and now a medium U turn. I feel I improved each it.
2b53a870b4966eb1cf18d5be93704158.jpg

reaper

WKR
Burned in the U Turn today. This is my third stove I have had, started with a Smith, then went to a lite outdoors and now a medium U turn. I feel I improved each it.
2b53a870b4966eb1cf18d5be93704158.jpg
You'll be set now with the seekoutside stove What size is it?
If you like your sawtooth and wanna keep it clean I suggest you the ultra spark arrestor,that thing is really good, sometimes I even put a screen in the top of the stove pipe about 2inches by inside and it hold it place with a liteoutdoors 3" ring.The only thing I really don't use is a chimney rain cap...if you want to destroy your tent use one

OP
Trial153

Trial153

WKR
You'll be set now with the seekoutside stove What size is it?
If you like your sawtooth and wanna keep it clean I suggest you the ultra spark arrestor,that thing is really good, sometimes I even put a screen in the top of the stove pipe about 2inches by inside and it hold it place with a liteoutdoors 3" ring.The only thing I really don't use is a chimney rain cap...if you want to destroy your tent use one

It's a medium, I might grab a spark arrestor for the top too, makes sense

LA Hunter

FNG
Anyone use a stove that's smaller than recommended for the tent?

For example, 8 Person Tipi with a Large U-Turn stove; opinions, experiences, input? The U-Turn stove is so light and seems big enough to put a significant dent in condensation and give a little bit of warmth.