Talley Rings???

Hulions

FNG
I just ordered a Tikka T3X in 308 Win. and I'm going to put a Leupold VX-3i, 3.5x10x40 on top of it. I want to go with the Talley light weight rings to keep it as light as possible. Do you guys think i can get away with the low rings? Any suggestions on other rings and bases for the Tikka T3X? Thanks for the help.

TX_Diver

WKR
I couldn't say on the ring heights but Talley was good when I ordered the wrong rings a few years ago. Shot em an e-mail and they swapped em out no problem. Been really happy with them.

Braaap

WKR
I currently have Talley low rings with a Nikon 3-9×40 on my Tikka t3x. I assume your Leupold will work with low rings. I have a SWFA 3-9×42 on the way and some Sportsmatch rings. The Sportsmatch rings are something to check out.

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
Do you think the extra low rings would be a better option? What about the Warne Maxima rings? Any help is appreciated.

I just ordered a Tikka T3X in 308 Win. and I'm going to put a Leupold VX-3i, 3.5x10x40 on top of it. I want to go with the Talley light weight rings to keep it as light as possible. Do you guys think i can get away with the low rings? Any suggestions on other rings and bases for the Tikka T3X? Thanks for the help.
The lows will work fine. I had them on my T3 and a 40mm Leupy cleared fine.

OP
H

Hulions

FNG
Thanks again for all the help and replies. I went with the Talley Light weight low rings with the Leupold VX-3i, 3.5-10x40 and it I was a perfect match. The finished rifle was 7 pounds 2 ounces (with Mountain Tech bottom metal). I added a cheek rest for added comfort to the plastic stock which added another 6 ounces. Still not to bad. Thanks.

Dobermann

WKR
Apologies for the threadromancy - I saw that Form listed Sportsmatch rings on eBay above. Just a heads up that Sportsmatch's site says there are Chinese knock-offs around, so might be best to order from a trusted dealer:

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT CHINESE MADE COPIES OF OUR PRODUCTS THAT USE A SIMILAR NAME ARE BEING MARKETED BY SEVERAL LEADING OPTICS DISTRIBUTORS. GENUINE BRITISH MADE SPORTSMATCH QUALITY SCOPE MOUNTS WITH A LIFETIME GUARANTEE CAN BE IDENTIFIED BY THIS SYMBOL

SportsMatch Kitemark awCropped

Best rings in the business for general hunting/shooting.

Is the cheek weld still ok with the sportsmatch on the factory stock? Or is it a bit high? Their website indicates the medium takes up to 50mm objectives is why I ask.

16Bore

WKR
As big a fan of my modified Tikka/Talley’s as I am, I’ll be trying Sportsmatch for giggles.