Tanya's 2015 elk hunt

Hopefully the silence means they've been skinning, deboning and hauling meat!

I'm hoping the same, but if that's the case, looking back earlier in this thread, it may not be silent.

Ryan may not have adequately communicated that hiking across this draw, crawling through blowdowns and climbing a mountain while packing an elk means that they need to hike across a draw, crawl through blowdowns and climb a mountain while packing an elk.

And I'm hoping it's a huge bull.

:>D

Good luck Tanya.

Good luck Ryan!

T

Tanibunn

Well everyone, I couldn't make it happen. I came down here to shoot a big bull, and didn't see 'the one' I wanted for my first elk. I appreciate all of your well wishes and encouragement, it really kept me motivated! And I learned a lot about hunting, so all in all, I would call the hunt a success:). Pictures of me wearing that loser Seahawks jersey to follow. Thank you to Ryan and Kelly for tolerating me, even when I was most likely driving them crazy;). And a big thank you to my family for watching our cherubs so I could go on this hunt!

Sorry you didn't find the bull you wanted. Glad you had a great hunt. I enjoyed your sense of humor while following along.

Do you need to wear the Seahawks jersey as a night shirt for the next year?

Roy68

WKR
I think I feel worse for you for the fact that you have to wear that seahawks jersey, but then again I wouldn't wish that cowboys jersey on anyone either.

Bummer on not punching your tag, but it sounds like you had a great hunt. Enjoyed following along.

Tiger Rag

WKR
They call it hunting and not killing for a reason. Glad you consider the hunt a success. Being out of doors seeing beautiful country doesn't suck! Thanks for taking us on the hunt with you!

Shrek

WKR
Man is this hard to take ! You guys worked your butts off for a bull and the tag soup is tough to choke down. Great hunt though and you'll get a bull soon enough Tanya.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Amazon didn't get her new jersey to her in time. Not sure why, since it said it would arrive yesterday. The best picture will be from the Dallas game on Thanksgiving when she flies down to watch the Cowboys get beat while wearing her new favorite team's jersey! :D