Tattoos. What do you have. Need some ideas for a cover up

Luked

WKR
Have a tattoo on my upper left arm that me an my Ex got together. Same design. No names or anything like that.
Now I am wanting to get it covered up with something else but really not sure what I want to get.
What are some that you all have that might give me some ideas.

CCooper

WKR
My favorite piece of skin art that means the most to me is my family crest. It covers from my elbow to my shoulder joint. It is also the one my wife hates the least.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
A panther is always the cover up answer. I'm sort of joking, but panthers are cool, and they can cover just about anything.

My favorite of my own is a wolf head based on some Theo Mendell flash. It would work well as a cover up.

8c809e651bbfddee6365f2094eb3403f.jpg

Show us a pic of it, lets see what you're working with. I have a lot of tattoos and some big cover ups. Its amazing what some artists can cover up, if you find the right artist they should be able to work with you on some ideas to cover it

Last edited:
OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
It is roughly 2" wide and 5" long in size

Sorry Doc...im not a Greatful Dead fan :D

amassi

WKR
Kuiu verde

Tough to say as I’m far from an artist , I’d advise seeing a tattoo artist and seeing what they think will work as a cover up. I had an idea for also my left arm, a few tattoo artist explained why that would look like caca and had some better ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
Have a tattoo on my upper left arm that me an my Ex got together. Same design. No names or anything like that.
Now I am wanting to get it covered up with something else but really not sure what I want to get.
What are some that you all have that might give me some ideas.

You have pikes peak in your avatar. seems a good option

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your into antlers, elk or deer designs can look good, along with heritage type things Scottish Lion, Viking ship with the variance symbols in the design, a favorite landscape you go to with a name to it. put thought and time into it before the redesign🤙

Bachto

WKR
I have a lot of tattoos, but I am into American traditional. I am definitely in the "That is a cool design so i am going to have it on my skin forever" camp, almost none of mine have meaning. I have everything from a clipper ship, to a squid, to a old school dive helmet. My first tattoo was Mt Hood on my back.

It really depends on what style you like and then I would find an artist that does that style and consult with them. Your tattoo idea might not be good for a cover up.

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
Find a tattoo artist in your area that does a lot of cool work you like, show him and let them come up with a few ideas- let him know somethings you are into or that are important and let the aritst work- you will probably end up with something super dope since you let the artist run a bit more free

SWOHTR

WKR
I have a lot of tattoos, but I am into American traditional. I am definitely in the "That is a cool design so i am going to have it on my skin forever" camp, almost none of mine have meaning. I have everything from a clipper ship, to a squid, to a old school dive helmet. My first tattoo was Mt Hood on my back.

It really depends on what style you like and then I would find an artist that does that style and consult with them. Your tattoo idea might not be good for a cover up.
So you're saying you're not a Sailor? Just curious, no judgment. I always assumed that anyone with tattoos of that sort has spent some time at sea.

Bachto

WKR
So you're saying you're not a Sailor? Just curious, no judgment. I always assumed that anyone with tattoos of that sort has spent some time at sea.
No I am not, I just love the ocean, boats/boating and just always thought it was cool. My grandpa was in the navy and at Pearl Harbor if that counts? lol