taxidermy bills

Stalker69

WKR
Believe me, most taxidermist are not making much " profit". I did ( do, but only for family) taxidermy and if you sit down and consider cost of material and hours in each one, I was making not much more then min wage, some times way less. Now I didn't have a full blown business or any thing but enough, to stay busy. Wasn't worth it.

Last edited:

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Was quoted 1500 for a shoulder mount from the taxidermist that has my bull cape. I suspect it will be a bit more when I tell him I need to have at least one antler removable.
Removable antler? Why? So you can take it down and handle it? Or now that I'm thinking about it my guess is to pack and move it/get it through a door/hallway or something

Geewhiz

WKR
Removable antler? Why? So you can take it down and handle it? Or now that I'm thinking about it my guess is to pack and move it/get it through a door/hallway or something
Yes sir I’ve got plenty of room inside the house but there’s no way I would be able to get him through the doorway. Wish I had french doors. Even with just 1 antler attached it may be difficult depending how the pose turns out exactly

Mish-pop

FNG
$600 - $750 for deer shoulder mount where I live in SD. Last one I did a couple years ago was $550. That was a 160-165 inch mule deer. Unless I crack 180 I won't do shoulder mount again. I wasn't big fan of euro mounts but I have a guy that will do it for $75 and father-in-law likes woodworking and can make a great plaque for behind it. That will be my route going forward with anything 160 - 180. Others will just be antlers cut off and hung in garage