That One piece of gear?

Randle

WKR
Whats that one piece one gear that you just can't give up?
Grandpas knife? Uncles rifle?
I have had many bows , knives, packs etc. But my Remington 06 has been with me longer than anything else and I dont have any need to change.

Last edited:

rcb2000

WKR
I have a bow from 2017 that magically keeps killing deer every season.. wonder when the batteries will run out on it.

My old swaro EL 8.5-42s. Almost 20 years with those. Also I have a small cutco serrated pocket knife I have been carrying for 20 years. I use that little knife for about anything other than on game.

Damage

FNG
Stainless Nalgene water bottle. It's heavy, but I've boiled water over a fire in it, made tea, just been unbreakable for 8 years.

My Ruana Steelhead model hunting knife. It's been a great knife that I've had over 30 years now. Holds an edge and is well designed with a 3 1/2" blade that's a nice shape that works for just about anything. Comes with a nice well built heavy duty leather sheath.

I purged a lot of my extra gear but my Swarovski EL 10x50s will be with me for at least another decade. I just love how perfect they are for my eyes (I wear glasses).

nest

FNG
Knit wool gloves, I never go hunting without them if there is even a hint of cold.

Ive only used them 4-5 seasons, and have had a few different pairs, but the Crispi Thor. Boots can make or break a hunt. Ive gone hundreds and hundreds of miles in the Thor and never had a blister.

The only old thing I use, and Ive replaced it a few times over the years, but the M65 field jacket liner as an insulation piece. Ill always have 1 of those around.

I've got at least a dozen really nice custom knives, but when it comes to the one I carry with me while hunting it's always a Buck 110 my dad gave me 20ish years ago. I usually have another knife in my pack but that old Buck is always on my belt.