Suggestions for next piece of gear

Looking for input on what my next most beneficial piece of gear might be.
Have a good rifle/scope.
Debating between a few choices
. A rangefinder that has an onboard solver. Gunwerks BR4 specifically.
A quality tripod to shoot from.
Another suppressor so my daughter and I don’t have to share.
I have good binos, an ok rangefinder, I already have a spartan javelin pro hunt long bipod.. I already have a thunderbeast Dominus.
I don’t have an enormous budget so one is probably all this year
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What do you hunt and how do you hunt?

How far do you shoot when hunting?
Inside 500 yards you don’t need the Gunwerks rangefinder.

Do you have your own range?
Buy steel.

How much do you shoot?
Buy ammo
Take a class

Do you find the need to get higher off the ground or weird positions to shoot from hunting?
Get a tripod and gear.

matthewmt

WKR
Harvester evo is 535 locally + tax stamp. I will definitely be buying a 2nd myself and for the same reason you mentioned.

There was a good deal on a tripod that was posted in gear deals that mite be nice if you don't already have a good glassing setup.

I have a old leupold 1200 rangefinder and if conditions aren't perfect it doesn't range and if it's cold it doesn't work. A couple friends have the razor 4000 and I've been impressed with it ranging through weather and at long ranges so I will be adding one to my list.

Otherwise idk, those are just things I've been thinking about.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
R
What do you hunt and how do you hunt?

How far do you shoot when hunting?
Inside 500 yards you don’t need the Gunwerks rangefinder.

Do you have your own range?
Buy steel.

How much do you shoot?
Buy ammo
Take a class

Do you find the need to get higher off the ground or weird positions to shoot from hunting?
Get a tripod and gear.

I hunt deer and elk primarily. I would love to get a fall bear but it’s hard for me to get out in time for that due to work. That’s also why I don’t bow hunt anymore.

I do have my own range. Out to a mile.
It’s called a ranch. Also why no spring bear. I’m too busy calving.
I doo shoot quite a bit. Couple hundred rounds a year through my 300 win.

I have missed some opportunities because I couldn’t get a range on stuff.

I missed a chance at a bull this fall that a tripod could have made the difference. It was too much uphill for my bipod.

It would also be nice if my daughter and I or my wife and I didn’t have to share a suppressor.

Again I work on a ranch, which has its perks. But a big budget isn’t one.

matthewmt

WKR
I hunt deer and elk primarily. I would love to get a fall bear but it’s hard for me to get out in time for that due to work. That’s also why I don’t bow hunt anymore.

I do have my own range. Out to a mile.
It’s called a ranch. Also why no spring bear. I’m too busy calving.
I doo shoot quite a bit. Couple hundred rounds a year through my 300 win.

I have missed some opportunities because I couldn’t get a range on stuff.

I missed a chance at a bull this fall that a tripod could have made the difference. It was too much uphill for my bipod.

It would also be nice if my daughter and I or my wife and I didn’t have to share a suppressor.

Again I work on a ranch, which has its perks. But a big budget isn’t one.

Ranch in MT? If so need help?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A rangefinder and tripod would be next on my list based on what you said.

The BR4 is more money than you need to spend.

You can find a Sig 3000 BDX bino used for $750 or less or a new Sig 3000 BDX under $400. The nex sig 6000 bino is under $1000. They can run with Garmin watches, the Garmin 701, and the Kestrels. Some less expensive BDX LRF products don’t work with other gadgets.

I killed just fine with Sig rangefinders with BDX. They run with Applied Ballistics. I picked up a used Fury AB LRF bino for about $1000 I now run with my Garmin watch with AB.

Then, get yourself a tripod with rest of the money. I like the inverted leg tripods. But, get one with heavy carbon fiber legs and no center column if you want to shoot off of it.

1. Suppressor because of your daughter
2. Quality tripod

Those are really the main two I'd be looking at in that order of importance.

rootacres

WKR
I live in a BS state so I can't have a suppressor. Im sure there is value there.

I am a big fan of having good range finding binos. I have Leica's, the Swaros are great too. Not sure on others.

I will also say, a good tripod/ball head is nice. I have a two vets tripod with a RRS Anvil. Ive had to shoot off a tripod on several hunts. A good shooting tripod makes a huge difference at distance.

Do you want to spend time and ammo practicing at 50yd increments out to max hunting range or pay for software that makes it more convenient?
I’d buy the can, some ammo and go practice. Much rather take a day to actually verify drop/drift and smack steel out to max hunting range using a phone app and good range finder. Make dope cards to tape on your stock or keep in your bino case. For 95% of my hunting all the extra stuff are niceties not necessities. Also no good when the battery dies, it’s foggy/rain/snowing. A laminated cheat sheet with your data is 100% reliable, old school and low tech still work.
A dependable range finder is more important to me than one with ballistic data.
Leupold 1000 tbr and Sig are the only range finders I’ve played, my leup died after 8 years or so. You still have to verify/true your data it’s faster and easier with the software requires a fewer shots, and you get a pretty accurate solution.
A good tripod is a handy tool but are you really going to pack that on a hunt? Are your guns equipment with arca rails? Do you want to spend the money on carbon which are light weight? Bog-pod death grip I’ve used in stationary settings helping kids or in ground blinds there’s no good rest they’re great platforms. I just dislike packing them.