The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

EastMT

WKR
Everyone posting big gains on their day trading here......and zero losses.

Who knew that hunters were such good stock traders?

_____

Well I’m down 11% on TWI, but when economy crashes tires are a slow rebound.

GT is up, I bought some sub $5, but am still really hoping to drop a wad at closer to $3. If they stay shut down awhile longer it just might happen.

jfs82

WKR

_____

I gambled on Luckin coffee takinga big market in China, then the COO got caught reporting 300millionish in sales that didnt exist. I got out before it dropped all the way down and had trading halted... But I certainly lost there.

_____

The beauty of stop losses!!!

I have been setting stop loses so I am only loosing $100 at time or so and have only bought on dips so I haven't been chasing anything...yet. I have also sold out of stuff way too early and its hard to not feel regret. HBI...I sold out at $8 something thinking that was a fluke jump and left a ton of money on the table. I have sold OXY at the wrong time 3 times now, but made money each time, but could have made more.

I have taken some small licks for sure.

I gambled on Luckin coffee takinga big market in China, then the COO got caught reporting 300millionish in sales that didnt exist. I got out before it dropped all the way down and had trading halted... But I certainly lost there.

Ouch...sorry man, yeah that was nightmare timing.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider

_____

Yeah, my one post on this thread should have come with the disclaimer that even a blind dog finds a bone once in a while. Plenty of bad picks for me lately.

EastMT

WKR
I have $100 auto deposit every Monday. I buy good companies or indexes with $150, $50 to set aside for a day trade. The vast majority is fairly safe, but an occasional win helps to bring up the overall avg return.

Buying and selling is fun, like a lottery ticket. But Buffet has proven an index long term will beat the best minds in the business, and that’s not us.

We will win a few, lose a few, but I wouldn’t do this with 6 figures unless that was my play money.

Most of my money on the app is long term holds, high dividends, or steady companies. They’ve lost some as well, but not worried about those, they are spread way out.

I am starting to look at WM, it’s way down and trash is going to keep rolling, I think that will be a good rebound over the next year for a good return. Maybe when we have another -1000 day.

Another has has some serious rebounds the last 2 recessions is TECK, I’ve worked at one of their mines so it was on my radar. They have hit $3 range several times then back to $30-40. I’m watching it for an entry.

The Weyerhauser stock I bought a couple weeks ago finally showed some life going up 30 % or so this week. As I understand it lumber suppliers are cutting production to keep price from continuing to fall in a period of low demand. Expectations are that when demand for lumber kicks back in supply will be low which will increase price and cause lumber supplier stocks to go up accordingly. That's my hope anyway.

I am waiting to get timber cut on my farm in Georgia. Everything is painted and harvest maps are set. Talked to my forester yesterday, he said not only are the mills not taking any wood, they aren't operating at all because of CV19.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I did see EPR mentioned as a high dividend, that one makes me nervous as they are big into leasing theaters. I don’t know how theaters rebound from this, how many people are going to take their kids to a crowded environment elbow room elbow?

I think online streaming is going to be the future from here on.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I am waiting to get timber cut on my farm in Georgia. Everything is painted and harvest maps are set. Talked to my forester yesterday, he said not only are the mills not taking any wood, they aren't operating at all because of CV19.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the total lack of a market for your timber sale. Hopefully you have the flexibility to be patient until the demand comes back. Everything in Oregon is tanking also, but the demand and price should come back hopefully in a few months, but maybe it will take a year or two. My fantasy is people cooped up in their cramped city houses will see the need to expand and build new houses in rural areas in preparation for the next pandemic.

The Weyerhauser stock was down to 50 % of its typical value so I could not resist buying some. I think Weyerhauser is a big company with hard assets so it should stay viable going through this difficult period.

Sorry to hear about the total lack of a market for your timber sale. Hopefully you have the flexibility to be patient until the demand comes back. Everything in Oregon is tanking also, but the demand and price should come back hopefully in a few months, but maybe it will take a year or two. My fantasy is people cooped up in their cramped city houses will see the need to expand and build new houses in rural areas in preparation for the next pandemic.

The Weyerhauser stock was down to 50 % of its typical value so I could not resist buying some. I think Weyerhauser is a big company with hard assets so it should stay viable going through this difficult period.

It's OK. We are strategically clear cutting some sections of 40+ year old loblolly pine that are not providing food or cover. Whatever money comes from the harvest is great, but most of it will go back into site prep and replanting. My main goal is to reset these stagnant areas as soon as possible, as the rest of the property is mature hardwoods.......aesthetically pleasing, but offers no cover.

You are right about leaving the city.....I just have to figure out a way to get my wife on board!

Weyerhauser is a great company, with a nice dividend. I say great long term investment there.

_____
I’m no market expert (I know very little actually) so I day trade only with stocks/companies that I’m very familiar with. These are pretty much all oil related. These are stock that I have watched for years. VLO for example.....it’s a pretty safe bet when it’s making $2-$5 swings multiple times a day. Get in on the way up and dump it when you think it’s peaked. If you miss that peak, wait an hour or so and most likely you’ll have another chance. VLO started back trending up after it hit around $30. I said earlier on in this thread that it would be a steady climb back to $65+. I’ve been right so far......

I caught ICD at $3.31 on Wednesday. I bought and sold it 300 shares at a time all the way back up to $12.......all in a matter of a few hours. However, just as quickly as if went to $12+, it fell back to $5. It was a freak deal (for me) but I damn sure cashed in.

rob86jeep

WKR
I caught ICD at $3.31 on Wednesday. I bought and sold it 300 shares at a time all the way back up to $12.......all in a matter of a few hours. However, just as quickly as if went to $12+, it fell back to $5. It was a freak deal (for me) but I damn sure cashed in.
what made you want to buy ICD in the first place? Just curious.

Beendare

WKR
Did you guys see the Talib run hedge fund up over 3,000% in March? Wow....thats a market guru

_____

I see where the FED is going to be buying assets in the markets.....probably junk bonds is the guess....and some market guys are talking about front running that.

Ewe......buying junk in this market? Thats ballsy with businesses tettering on the brink.

I've been watching BLK- Blackrock for a long time....and should have pulled the trigger a week or two ago. They appear to be the beneficiary here....and have some savvy market guys. Did they make money trading this market or lose is the question...my guess is they did well.

__

Beendere- The truth is, almost anyone can make money in this market right now. You are literally only losing money if you HAVE to sell. Stocks are/were waaaayyy down and they will come back. How long that takes is subjective to many things. If you do not need the money right now, it will appreciate sooner or later. I have some long term holds and I also have some money in there that I just play with. Day trading isn't for the faint of heart, but you can make some serious money right now if you are willing to risk it.

Broomd

WKR
Beendere- The truth is, almost anyone can make money in this market right now. You are literally only losing money if you HAVE to sell. Stocks are/were waaaayyy down and they will come back. How long that takes is subjective to many things. If you do not need the money right now, it will appreciate sooner or later. I have some long term holds and I also have some money in there that I just play with. Day trading isn't for the faint of heart, but you can make some serious money right now if you are willing to risk it.
That is exactly right.
The only way to lose money in this market (with a few exceptions) is to lack patience.

I'm watching for that next major dip to sink some long term funds. It's hard to say when that will happen.

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
Quick question: Does anyone here hold JDST?
I bought some of this a week ago as it started its lows. My novice stock mind tells me that this is an inverse stock and when we experience a sharp drop this stock should shine.

Thoughts? Am I nuts to hold a substantial position here? I bought this stock to profit if the market hits a bloodbath. I want to sink more at this $1.50 +/- low but am hesitant. There are some serious gurus I read from buying the chit out of this for that inverse scenario, but it's a bit hairy.