The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
GTE algos obviously locked into the $1.01 barrier. Today will make it the 4th time it's hit that exact number since last October.

Well they are trying to make a liar out of me :)
Still holding this gal, once it hits 1.20+ im out as that's 3x my investment. And would rather get out before the election in May

EastMT

WKR
I wouldn't throw money at paypal. I am assuming part of the decline is users moving away from using it due to the new $600 rule. Maybe im wrong but just my guess.

I agree, I’m also hearing from several family members and my wife that they are done with Ebay due to the hassle of $600, etc. They may make a little selling stuff they don’t need, but don’t want the hassle of proving it’s not a profit.

Ebay -20% next ER?

Poser

WKR
I wouldn’t write PayPal off. Lots of rumors of acquisitions, even rumors of them buying Robinhood or starting their own exchange.

Baddog

WKR
Lots of vendors use PayPal to except payment not just personal. Don’t know the split but would be interesting to know

NDGuy

WKR
I sold today (AAPL). Split adjusted my cost was $18/share and taxes are going to be steep, but I believe we'll see a much better entry point before we'll see new record highs.
That's epic I am sure taxes will be a bitch :D

Indygncc

FNG
Tech stocks that were trading at ridiculous levels without profits got whacked as they should have. Great p/e deals out there at the moment on profitable companies.

Jason__G

FNG
I’m hoping that someone smarter than me can explain why NRGD is not a good long-term purchase right now. This ETN is inversely tied to the price of several big oil companies. Right now they are doing very well so the price of NRGD is exceptionally low. I feel that inevitably this trend will reverse, bringing substantial gains. Is this flawed thinking? I did quite well on it’s counterpart NRGU, buying in well under 100 and selling at almost 300.

I’m hoping that someone smarter than me can explain why NRGD is not a good long-term purchase right now. This ETN is inversely tied to the price of several big oil companies. Right now they are doing very well so the price of NRGD is exceptionally low. I feel that inevitably this trend will reverse, bringing substantial gains. Is this flawed thinking? I did quite well on it’s counterpart NRGU, buying in well under 100 and selling at almost 300.
Do you think inflation has peaked and will go down from here? Inflation= Higher crude prices, and commodities in general. I don’t think we are close to the top yet, we are at 40 year highs at least for inflation and we haven’t even cracked the oil prices from 2008 yet.