The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

A few weeks ago the subject of ETH 2.0 came up & I mentioned they probably weren't in any hurry to cut off the gravy train of transaction fees... check this out:

JUST IN: Ethereum generated $9.8 billion from transaction fees in 2021.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I buy a set amount of bitcoin every week. It's worked out well. I also have algorand, solana, eth staked and a few others. We should see a good run for crypto into April if it follows past performance over the years. Also I really appreciate all the information you guys share on here. Lots to research if a guy wants too.

I think you are on the right track there. The only thing pushing them are the other platforms gaining momentum on ETH with speed and cost. If they don’t make a move to a more efficient and cost effective platform they are just going to get passed up and loose the upper hand. Strategically I think they have milked it for about all it’s worth and an upgrade is needed to keep their place. I expect it to go two ways on the expected update - costs go down and speed goes up or someone else moves in to take their hold on the market. They really don’t have much for competition which is why they are dragging their feet. SOL for instance is what I think could challenge them but they have plenty of issues they are working on. If the ETH upgrade is sub par I think more people are going to look at SOL which will drive their price up (and why their price has been going up in anticipation) others are DOT and ADA but those two have a long ways to go.

I read a few post back that some guys don’t have a clue about crypto so here is a little lesson (and I am no expert) - think of ETH as the internet. What’s great about it is it doesn’t collect your info like google. Problem is when you use it it’s like dial up internet and everyone else is also trying to dial up, more people using it, the slower it gets and the more it costs to operate on it.

I do agree on a lot of the crypto mentioned above but what I usually do is buy the side projects like PDEX, JOE and RMRK then the rest of my investments are gaming/metaverse coins. Its a little more risky than just buying in the top 10 but has worked out pretty well for me. I also look for things with good staking APY's. It's a great way to earn during these boring times.

Btw if anyone has any good crypto tax apps let me know. It's an absolute nightmare trying to look through all this stuff.

Last edited:

N.ID7803

WKR
Hit a sell order today on CENN formerly NAKED. Not sure if that was a good move or not its been climbing lately. Got my money back plus a little anyways.

martin248

FNG
Buying individual stocks is just too risky for me, I prefer mutual funds over the long run. Key is to make sure your portfolio is balanced between stocks, bonds, annuities, cash, real estate, etc to make sure you survive the next big downturn. I am two months from retirement so that is my strategy, somebody 20 years from retirement can afford to take on more risk.
I increased my % of payroll that goes to my 401k. Later in the year I will dial that back, basically just investing earlier in the year but it'll be the same total by the end of year.

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
Hit a sell order on AOSL yesterday to make my 9th trade on that stock in the last 12 months or so. Will buy back in if it drops back into the mid 50s….

Wash and rinse….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I do agree on a lot of the crypto mentioned above but what I usually do is buy the side projects like PDEX, JOE and RMRK then the rest of my investments are gaming/metaverse coins. Its a little more risky than just buying in the top 10 but has worked out pretty well for me. I also look for things with good staking APY's. It's a great way to earn during these boring times.

Btw if anyone has any good crypto tax apps let me know. It's an absolute nightmare trying to look through all this stuff.

I use Taxbit and like it. They generate read-only API keys so they can see all your transactions. I store quite a bit on Celsius and get paid interest weekly so it keeps track of that as well as all other transactions. I want to say about 150/year. They also help with tax loss harvesting as well. Currently no wash sale rule against crypto (there will be at some point). If you end up using taxbit use my link and I think you get a break of some sort on it (I think 10%).

Promo code- SUZBrsBw

I use Taxbit and like it. They generate read-only API keys so they can see all your transactions. I store quite a bit on Celsius and get paid interest weekly so it keeps track of that as well as all other transactions. I want to say about 150/year. They also help with tax loss harvesting as well. Currently no wash sale rule against crypto (there will be at some point).
Thanks for the recommendation. I tried using Crypto Trader and Koinly but they were way off from what I made. I will take a look at Taxbit

So I hold ADA, it’s not my top position. Saw an article about the hydra update where they claim they’ll be able to handle 1 million tps with extremely low service fees. The tps alone would push it to the top of being the fastest. I’m just a little hesitant with it bc of the dex rollout that never really took off. ADA is currently up 12.5% today

If this update does what it says Eth would not be able to compete with it. Once Eth goes to PoS it’s claiming 25k - 100k tps, with fees still being higher then Ada. Do people stay with what seems to be a slower chain or move over to what is promised to be the next best thing even though it hasn’t proven anything yet.

I hold both so I’m no fan boy of either just thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope ADA finally lives up to the hype, but I’m not holding my breath. It’s kind of notorious at this point for bold projections and then
massively underwhelming.

It’s like the Dallas Cowboys of crypto.

KD32

FNG
LLKKF. Ok, so do your DD on this before doing anything, because it has already gone up a good bit lately. I haven’t kept up on current events, but from everything I read when I jumped in, it still has a lot of upside. Those of you that are a lot smarter than me should be able to figure that out quickly.

N.ID7803

WKR
LLKKF. Ok, so do your DD on this before doing anything, because it has already gone up a good bit lately. I haven’t kept up on current events, but from everything I read when I jumped in, it still has a lot of upside. Those of you that are a lot smarter than me should be able to figure that out quickly.
Another good one that I wish I had thrown more money at when I bought at $0.26. 🥴🥴🥴🥴

I just got an email from gateIO that they can no longer service people in the US. If you have any crypto on there you will need to withdraw by April 10th or you will lose it!

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while, and have been reading the last couple pages that are heavily crypto with interest. I don't really know much about crypto, but might be interested in putting a little money into a few different currencies. I am wondering, what service do you guys use/recommend for buying crypto?

go_deep

WKR
I don't know if it's right, wrong, or indifferent, but all but 2 of my O&G stocks have hit my sell price over the last few weeks. The remaining 2 will likely be losers, but I'll just let them sit there with sell orders in case they actually go where I hope they can. Stuck some of my money in Google and will just let that ride, kind of excited to see what happens after the stock split.
Sitting back with the rest and just watching for a little bit.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone holding onto VLO and what sell price are you looking at? I almost sold today when it hit $97.50 but decided to hold onto it