The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

Bobbyboe

WKR
Sold all my shares of CDEV for a 25% profit. I think it is going to bottom out again before a strong run. It seems pretty apparent now that it was pumped HARD and new, inexperienced investors were taken advantage of. Could have sold last week for a 100% profit, but fell for the trap! I do believe in the company, but not right now with zero wells running. I may re-enter if the price drops to the .40-.50 range.

Bought more of DAL today and cost averaged down to near 22. Maybe too early, but I don’t want to miss out. I’ll continue to buy up some shares if it continues to drop.

I have about 40% cash now, so I’ll sit on it for a bit. I feel that the market is correcting a bit like Doc and a few others predicted.

Im still interested in DIS. I‘ll do sone more research before jumping in though. Anyone have thoughts on Visa, or any other cc company?

Okhotnik

WKR
I might pick up DIS if drops again below $100. I personally wouldn't touch a bank/cc stock for awhile and am guessing some major drops but someone else with more experience can chime in.

Looking at DFS and did ok in 2008 with this stock. But waiting....
Im around 21.23 dollar cost on DAL. Id love to hold long term but still have a stop loss on it.

I think PCG would be a buy if it dips a bit lower closer to $11. Done well on it.

Last edited:
I picked up some more disney yesterday after hours when it dropped below $100. My goal is to keep my average cost for DIS below $100, so I'll continue adding on dips.

Bobbyboe

WKR
If your into s&p index stocks, it’s on sale.

Have vbr at an average of 93. Added some more at the end of the day, which raised my average a bit.

Also got some Starbucks, since almost all their stores are opening again. Some might not like their coffee, but the general public does. They seem to have the coffee market by the balls.

I’m done for a while until we get some clarity. This market is crazy, and being new to the game, it scares the crap out of me

Johnboy

WKR
I've been watching BYND since they went public a year ago. With meat prices going through the roof, BYND is following (up 26% today). I personally think their product (fake meat) is pure garbage, but yuppies love it, and there seems to be a market for it. I'm tempted (to invest, not eat).

Broomd

WKR
Sold all my shares of CDEV for a 25% profit. I think it is going to bottom out again before a strong run. It seems pretty apparent now that it was pumped HARD and new, inexperienced investors were taken advantage of. ...
Au contraire....
Your statement is in essence, backwards.
No one got 'taken advantage of...."
New, inexperienced investors were trying to take advantage of a stock they perceived as a quick gain and things didn't rocket as they had hoped they would, ie. losses ensued.

Those of us holding some of these penny stocks (oil and otherwise) always knew these were long holds (and urged that practice if bought).....looking at my sheet I'm up substantially in two weeks even with the reality drop.

Couldn't be happier. I decided to forego the quick 100% gain for the turtle vs the hare play.

Last edited:

jfs82

WKR
Enphase, Trade desk and atlassian are carrying me to big big gains these last 6 weeks. Im pretty heavily bought in on online advertising, fintech and some safe monsters like microsoft and apple. Square earnings just came out low (obviously) I wouldnt mind doubling down on them if they drop a good chunk the next few days. Small businesses always pop back up, even if it's with new owenership, and they have the right to act as a bank and do their own business loans, I think they have massive longterm growth even if the next year will be rough.

IdahoElk

WKR
Sarcasm I assume? grin.
I'm literally turning off my computer today. I have a couple of buy limits set, but no point staring at this all day, besides I have ranch work to do.

SRG looks like a good buy, I'm set or I'd be adding heavy.

You know about two years ago it would have been sarcasm but with the Fed dumping so much money into the market it seems to defy logic these days,completely disconnected with reality.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Au contraire....
Your statement is in essence, backwards.
No one I know got 'taken advantage of...."
New, inexperienced investors were trying to take advantage of a stock they perceived as a quick gain and things didn't rocket as they had hoped they would, ie. losses ensued.

Those of us holding some of these penny stocks (oil and otherwise) always knew these were long holds (and urged that practice if bought).....looking at my sheet I'm up substantially in two weeks even with the reality drop.

Couldn't be happier. I decided to forego the quick 100% gain for the turtle vs the hare play.

Who knows, it’s truly a gamble. Based off of earnings and the conference call it’s going to be a while unless the stock gets pumped again by manipulators. I do think they’ll survive and I do think the price will be $3+, but how long will it take? If and when it drops back into the .50’s or lower I’ll buy back in. Until then, I’ll sleep easier not seeing 20% swings in a single day.

I hope the hold works for you. You did get in at a low price, so that goes in your favor for sure. I’m not willing to hold the bag though. If the water deal falls through the price will be right back down to .30....

In the meantime I’m hoping prices drop to the .50s or lower before the 15th. If so, I’m in again at a lower cost, if not, oh well.

Broomd

WKR
Who knows, it’s truly a gamble. Based off of earnings and the conference call it’s going to be a while unless the stock gets pumped again by manipulators. I do think they’ll survive and I do think the price will be $3+, but how long will it take? If and when it drops back into the .50’s or lower I’ll buy back in. Until then, I’ll sleep easier not seeing 20% swings in a single day.

I hope the hold works for you. You did get in at a low price, so that goes in your favor for sure. I’m not willing to hold the bag though. If the water deal falls through the price will be right back down to .30....

In the meantime I’m hoping prices drop to the .50s or lower before the 15th. If so, I’m in again at a lower cost, if not, oh well.
Yes, it's a gamble. And you're also right about swings. The lack of the constant short money this stock endured for the last two weeks should help. Good lord it was ridiculous.

I offered it as advice here for a long hold, but have to wonder how many actually did that or plan to do that. :)
I'll probably keep those tips closer to the vest going forward just to avoid one more pump and dumper.

Time will be a big equalizer in many of these stocks.

Last edited:

Bobbyboe

WKR
Yes, it's a gamble. And you're also right about swings. The lack of the constant short money this stock endured for the last two weeks should help. Good lord it was ridiculous.

I offered it as advice here for a long hold, but have to wonder how many actually did that or plan to do that. :)
I'll probably keep those tips closer to the vest going forward just to avoid one more pump and dumper.

Time is will be a big equalizer in many of these stocks.

Nope, defiantly appreciate the tip. Please keep bringing them if you have them. It’s up to people to do their research, which admittedly I didn’t do until after I owned shares.

I do like the company, and honestly I hope I get a chance to buy back in. Just a hunch, but I think the next two days could be bloody. When you combine unemployment, with end of the week sell off and also panic (which is very apparent on Stocktwits), could possibly be a perfect storm for a CDEV sell off. Other than a hunch based off of those reasons, I have no proof. But, those thoughts are reasons I decided to sell. I think there will be another opportunity to buy.

Anyways, I appreciate the conversation, knowledge and insight you and others bring to the table.

Yes the tips/insight is appreciated so keep em’ coming. Absolutely up to the individual to act on them so no issue there. Thanks man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoso5150

WKR
Picked up some nice profits two days ago on EAT when it broke out. Thanks traderstewie!

cmahoney

WKR

Thanks for the stock tips, I appreciate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk