The Rokslide Stock Traders Thread

I took a hit on NAT and lost most the profits it gave me from earlier in the week. A good day though with PSX, CDEV, and ENPH. I looked at CPE when it was .60 and held off...regretting that currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s really funny how all the economist and so-called professionals in the stock market have been all over the map with their predictions over the last couple months. I almost feel like, coming from someone that’s a self-professed idiot when it comes to the stock market, I could predict just about anything and be no more right or wrong than anybody else’s predictions. We’re headed towards a recession, we’re headed towards depression, it’s going to be a V-shaped recovery, it’s going to be a W-shaped recovery, It’s going to take years and years to recover from this, yada yada yada, and this has all been said in the last month. I guess, in the end, someone will probably be right, and most will probably be wrong, we’ll just have to see.

You are are exactly right, nobody knows, and nobody ever will. The Analysts at Goldman Sachs et al are able to put more facts, statistics, and trends behind their (very well educated) guesses than we can, but at the end of the day that is all it is, a guess.

I am 100% cash in my brokerage account, and 20% cash in my IRA. I was on day 5 of being very sick with CV19 during the March 23rd nosedive, and the last thing on my mind was money.....but if we get another drop like that I am going to deploy my cash.....in the meantime I am making small adjustments, but trying to align to the consumer goods (AMZN/BABA) and technology sectors, which so far have been the most insulated. Thinking about how society will be different moving forward, those sectors are probably good short and long term plays, while just about everything else that has been beaten down is a good long term play while we work our way back to 30K on the DOW. This is not investment advice....just my humble (and likely wrong) opinion. ;)

I think it’s really funny how all the economist and so-called professionals in the stock market have been all over the map with their predictions over the last couple months. I almost feel like, coming from someone that’s a self-professed idiot when it comes to the stock market, I could predict just about anything and be no more right or wrong than anybody else’s predictions. We’re headed towards a recession, we’re headed towards depression, it’s going to be a V-shaped recovery, it’s going to be a W-shaped recovery, It’s going to take years and years to recover from this, yada yada yada, and this has all been said in the last month. I guess, in the end, someone will probably be right, and most will probably be wrong, we’ll just have to see.

I’ve stopped listening to pretty much all “advice” from analysts/others as usually there is a bias of some sort. I’ve been shafted several times by the so called expert analysts. The worst: I had SHOP at $100 per share. I said I was in it for the long haul but shortly after an analyst went all bearish on it and spooked me. It trades at $640 right now.

Bottom line is I trade what I see and that’s it.

I bought MRO at 4.12 but first time trader me got scared and bailed at 4.20 after it climbed out of the 3 range Live and learn

Will we see a dip in CDEV in the next couple days or best to add to my position now? Seriously stressing me out. Lol.
I’m no expert by a large margin but if trends follow I would wait until Friday. Typically a big sell off before the weekend. Might catch a dip. Hard saying. After hours is up .13 so who knows.

Will we see a dip in CDEV in the next couple days or best to add to my position now? Seriously stressing me out. Lol.
I wanted to add today, but simply couldn't find a solid dip. Hunt123 is probably right, there should be a sell off on Friday.
One would think the small cap oil market will go ape sh!t mañana based on this news...but who knows. This market is crazy.

original_209420351.png

*Information provided is no guarantee of success, grin.

CPE just rocketed to .94 after hours, good lord. It's almost doubled in two days, or is it one day? I hardly know anymore, these o'dark thirty Pacific time chart mornings are killing me.

..edit...looks like .51 on Monday.

Me too getting up 0400 hrs every day for the past 3 weeks is getting old. I cashed out a bunch of my oil stocks end of today and took profits. Might regret it tomorrow but I really have no complaints as this market is really an anomaly. After so many hot days and speculators trading has to correct soon but am a bit of a pessimist.

I tend not too put too much stock ( no pun intended ) in financial analysts and market gurus, experts on the web and on TV and remember in 1999 the tech bubble, and in 2008 almost all were wrong did not predict the crashes. Even the all the rating agencies were in on it as well as the SEC.

The entire trading system is basically corrupt and basically fight for some of the scraps of the big
haha I know the feeling. I bought and sold MRO 7 times. Last sell was 4.80 something. Great stock that made me some good money

Ive bought and sold about 6 times the past month.

Me too. I sold limit order at 5.65 today for a 27 per cent profit. Should have held on

I’m no expert by a large margin but if trends follow I would wait until Friday. Typically a big sell off before the weekend. Might catch a dip. Hard saying. After hours is up .13 so who knows.

Yep, if the the trend holds typically Fridays traders have been taking profits and a time to go shopping.

Back