The Shoot2hunt Podcast

woods89

WKR
HAHA!

Do you know why the Hunt Quietly movement can gain traction? It's because you act like liberals and are offended by everything.

I'm chuckling a bit here, because when a biologist running a tiny organization in his spare time in eastern MT gets Cam and Rogan fired up, we might be forgiven for wondering who exactly is easily offended....

I disagree with a few of Matt's stances (how far to shoot at animals, for one) but I'm certainly not happy that most of the loud voices in hunting currently are making money off it.

ehayes

FNG
In response to the hunt quietly movement, I would really like to see companies sell their content directly to consumer.
The advertising model of selling content is something I wish I didn’t exist. If all content was behind a paywall we would have a lot less problems. Of course, still some spot burning etc.. but a lot less. I will say that a well done hunt video, all things considered, is a net good. There aren’t very many of these.

I think it’s the volume of wannabe content producers that are enable by free content posting that is a net negative.
If Shoot2hunt wants to produce content, I would happily pay some fee per episode if the content is professional and respectful of hunting.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Ha I dont know maybe when I get a PM with the info.

besides that I wasn't addressing you and its hard to take you seriously when you can't even form a sentence. Maybe you've had too much to drink tonight? Or multitasking with your boyfriend

as they say*, speak when spoken to.

Was my comment a little much sure, but come on man I came on here to ask a question with no ill intent and automatically get berated.
At this point I dont really care. It seems like this forum has dissolved into a cultish following without any independent thinkers.

@Reburn dont take offense to my retort. I work in an industry where that talk is common practice. Nothing against you bud.

My skin isn't paper thin. It’s common for someone to try and deflect to some irrelevant item when they are losing an argument. You did much more damage to your own image than you did mine.

The sad part is I mostly agree with you on hunt influencers. However as I have actually listened to every shoot2hunt podcast I don’t feel Ryan or Jake are acting D-baggy. If they start to drink their own Kool-Aid then I will also be one of the members that points that out to them.

But jumping on them because they are using social media to drive their message is silly. Why doesn’t anyone crucify Matt for putting his information out there on the evil social media? What are these guys supposed to do, make a magazine?

Reactions: NSI

woods89

WKR
My skin isn't paper thin. It’s common for someone to try and deflect to some irrelevant item when they are losing an argument. You did much more damage to your own image than you did mine.

The sad part is I mostly agree with you on hunt influencers. However as I have actually listened to every shoot2hunt podcast I don’t feel Ryan or Jake are acting D-baggy. If they start to drink their own Kool-Aid then I will also be one of the members that points that out to them.

But jumping on them because they are using social media to drive their message is silly. Why doesn’t anyone crucify Matt for putting his information out there on the evil social media? What are these guys supposed to do, make a magazine?

I'm not going to get into the weeds here, but Matt is not anti social media. This is one of the common misconceptions of his ideas. He is against putting certain specific things on social media.

I'm probably actually more radical than Matt on this one, I avoid algorithm driven social media as much as possible, and not just in hunting

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I'm not going to get into the weeds here, but Matt is not anti social media. This is one of the common misconceptions of his ideas. He is against putting certain specific things on social media.

I'm probably actually more radical than Matt on this one, I avoid algorithm driven social media as much as possible, and not just in hunting

I was painting with broad strokes.

I don't like or participate in social media. I think social media is a societal net negative.

However. Many people use it and its not going away. As @ehayes pointed out a well done hunt video I think is a net positive.

woods89

WKR
I was painting with broad strokes.

I don't like or participate in social media. I think social media is a societal net negative.

However. Many people use it and its not going away. As @ehayes pointed out a well done hunt video I think is a net positive.

Understood. And it's absolutely true that Matt will never 100% get his wishes. But he is making people think, which is good, in my opinion.

I agree that some videos are well done, the problem seems to be that if we have the well done ones we also have to have the terrible ones. And I personally am not advocating for any laws, etc on this, I just think we should vote with whether we click or not.

CorbLand

WKR
Ha I dont know maybe when I get a PM with the info.

besides that I wasn't addressing you and its hard to take you seriously when you can't even form a sentence. Maybe you've had too much to drink tonight? Or multitasking with your boyfriend. or ? (not sure if you are asking a question or making a statement)

as they say*, speak when spoken to.
For ***** sake. If you are going to make fun of someone's inability to form a sentence, make sure you can at least end a sentence.

CorbLand

WKR
Understood. And it's absolutely true that Matt will never 100% get his wishes. But he is making people think, which is good, in my opinion.

I agree that some videos are well done, the problem seems to be that if we have the well done ones we also have to have the terrible ones. And I personally am not advocating for any laws, etc on this, I just think we should vote with whether we click or not.
If Matt could/would speak like Steve, he would get a lot farther.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
As for constructive criticism of the podcast...bring back the Borat intro and more of the "is he down" videos. That was ******* hilarious.
I didn't care for the borat intro, the second version that was just clips from various podcasts was the best to me.

Either way I'm going to listen tho

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
d679a22f939ef2bf9ed2932dd2c4df37.jpg

They are very real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro