The Shoot2hunt Podcast

grfox92

WKR
@Formidilosus

Sorry bro now everyone will know what your user name means.

Some of yall need to learn how to work google. Formidilousus is latin. Click on the speaker button to hear it pronounced.

I never knew so many people couldnt read and sound it out. It's phonetically pronounced.....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Not sure if it’s too late but could you ask why they don’t make 223 brass? Or does anyone know why they don’t?

Gorp2007

WKR
Not sure if it’s too late but could you ask why they don’t make 223 brass? Or does anyone know why they don’t?
The podcast was already recorded, but Jake asked about standard cases and the folks from ADG said that all of their equipment was set up for magnum, which is why those are the only cases they produce. They hinted that standard cases could be coming in the future, but I would imagine 223 is way down the list of priorities if it's going to require that much of an investment in tooling and set-up.

I don’t think we do
Most 223 brass is way good enough
Arent you an Aussie or kiwi? ADI used to be awesome in their Australian outback line, newer ADI stuff sold in the states doesn’t seem as good. I wonder if the good stuff is still out there.. newer stuff still seems adequate.

T_Widdy

FNG
I do for the ballistics in the binos. For standard data use- no. Shooter has a quicker and cleaner interface.
So do you just true your rifle then make both ballistic apps give you the same output?

Do you rely on the Binos atmospheric adjustments for the range output solution or only use them for ranging and then use hard data for the the solution?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So do you just true your rifle then make both ballistic apps give you the same output?

Yes, with the same inputs they give the same data. All the decent ballistic engines give the same data.

Do you rely on the Binos atmospheric adjustments for the range output solution or only use them for ranging and then use hard data for the the solution?

I use the binos to give elevation data. Everything else is a backup.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Yes, with the same inputs they give the same data. All the decent ballistic engines give the same data.
If using an app and rangefinder and not a true ballistic solver what do you do for angle? Is there a certain angle or distance where it just becomes absolute you need to accurately account for it?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
If using an app and rangefinder and not a true ballistic solver what do you do for angle? Is there a certain angle or distance where it just becomes absolute you need to accurately account for it?

All of the RF’s I use account for angle, however Shooter has an angle determining tool in it. Then use the angle in the app

SouthPaw

WKR
We really need a premium brass manufacturer to pick up lapua slack on the 223.
Agree, it would be great for Lapua to run a bunch. My pile of lapua 223 brass has a ton of reloads through it, several thousand rounds. I'm finally getting some split necks and soft primer pockets. I picked up a bunch of the starline 556 brass to try, we'll see how that goes.

All of the RF’s I use account for angle, however Shooter has an angle determining tool in it. Then use the angle in the app

I'd be interested in your thoughts on wind:

- At what range do you start to account for it? I.E. under 15mph ignore under 300yds, etc.

- Thoughts on reading wind through reticle versus wind meter at gun?

- when to go for a sight in shot?