Thoughts on 32 grain vmax out of the 204?

Just wondering all of your thoughts on the 32 grain vmax for predator hunting? Obviously with any shot not hitting bone, they seem to be devastating. The problem I have run into is these bullets seem to splash on shoulder shots. Is anyone else seeing this or having the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that firsthand as well with the 32 on a coyote. Prairie dogs and ground squirrels, it’s ideal, but for cats and dogs, step up to 40 grains, and that splash goes away.

From what I've gathered, the 39grain Blitzkings and 35 Grain Bergers are the bees knees for coyotes out of a .204. I had a .204 for a little while and only shot 1 coyote with the 32 VMAX. Frontal shot to the chest made him drop like he was struck by lightening but I've heard the horror stories with splashes with the 32VMAX

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I had better accuracy from 35 gr Bergers in my .204. Not many kills under it's belt. I did shoot the head off a grouse at 198 yards. The most memorable was a running shot at a wolf. Dropped her at 205 yards with a shot to the back of the head/upper neck. She cart-wheeled and had no hide damage. I shot a fox running straight away at under 100 yards hitting it in the spine and nothing was salvageable.

First wolf .204 Ruger 205 yards.jpg

I had better accuracy from 35 gr Bergers in my .204. Not many kills under it's belt. I did shoot the head off a grouse at 198 yards. The most memorable was a running shot at a wolf. Dropped her at 205 yards with a shot to the back of the head/upper neck. She cart-wheeled and had no hide damage. I shot a fox running straight away at under 100 yards hitting it in the spine and nothing was salvageable.

View attachment 665385

Man that wolf looks enormous! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schism

WKR
I've experienced too many splashes with the 32 vmax to want to use them. I tried the 39 blitzkings for a bit but still had too many splashes for my liking. They were better than the vmax but not good enough for saving fur.

The 40 Berger's have been money for me with a fast twist barrel. If you don't have the twist to stabilize the 40's then the 35 are reported to be fantastic on fur.

The grunt

FNG
Classified Approved
I dont shoot the 32 vmaxxs for this very reason.. the 39 gr blitzkings and real good but my 12 twist barrel doesn't stabilize them even pushing them close to 3800 fps.. oddly so far it seems to be stabilizing the 40 grain boattaill vmaxx which makes no sense to me as they are longer and heavier🤷