Thoughts on the NRA

mncoolbeans

Lil-Rokslider
I think it's a good place for a public discussion and to get other opinions. I'm a member and don't like this if it's true but at least it's NOT Government Subsidized like another Non Profit Organization that got busted some years back for the same exact thing and it's still up and running.........AKA Planned Parenthood......and our Government uses our/yourTax Dollars for this and subsidies other countries for this as well.

jspradley

WKR
I am a member because my local range requires it, I believe the NRA to be a mostly corrupt organization that has done some good but has also held us back in my ways. I believe they have far too much invested in the fight to ever want to win it.

Part of me thinks that the existance of the NRA as a "good enough" organization is what has kept a worthwhile organization from coming into being and that their dissolution might pave the way for that organization to be created.

I 100% believe that the most important thing we can do to secure the future of firearms (and hunting) rights is to reach out to demographics that haven't historically been on "our side" or seen as on "our side" such as minority and LGBT+ populations and the NRA has done a piss poor job of that and has furthered the stereotype that gun ownership is only for old white dudes. Hell go to ANY NRA signup booth and who will you see running it? 99.999% of the time it's gonna be Granpa Fudd ranting about his 1911 and two world wars...

Rob5589

WKR
Hunting has nothing to do with the 2A. The NRA is far from perfect but, where do you think gun rights would be without them? Politicians don't bring up Gun Owners of America, or any other organization for that matter, when trying to pass anti-gun legislation. There need to be changes from the top down. And members should get involved to assure that happens.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Life member. Also regret giving that cesspool a single penny. Corrupt, self-dealing leaders. North should start the ARA...American Rifle Association and take up the vacuum created when the NRA diverted money away from the mission. I hope Wayne sees a prison cell soon.

Superdoo

WKR
If you want change, you are the only person that can bring it about.
Get involved and your voice has a chance of being heard.
We are living in a world full of people that disagree via keyboard, but those same people don’t show up at meetings. If you want action, it will take more than an FB comment or tweet. If you’re too busy to do more, you simply don’t care enough and should be silent.
Change comes with action. Action is not typing on social media.

Not appropriate? It’s full of hunters and thought this is the best place to get honest o opinions.

if I am wrong for posting it I will ask mods to delete. My apologies

Plenty of blowhards on here, I’d ignore that.

I’m glad you posted and think that the hunting community should be a good place to discuss. I’m a life member since the early 90s and think it’s a worthwhile discussion.

Rokbar

WKR
From 2008- 2016 the American Rifleman gave a lot of bad press to the last administration. I read my co-worker issue monthly. Swayed a lot of voters through those years. Again, I'm not defending the NRA, not even a member, but they did put the pressure on them!