Thoughts on Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-15x50

stevevan

WKR
Through a trade I have a chance to acquire a Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-15x50 scope. I have little to no knowledge pertaining to this particular model scope or the V8 line. The potential trade is not in hand but through an internet transaction so I physically can't look it over nor do I have access to a place that I could see Zeiss Victory V8 scopes. Retail price is super costly so that along with the reputation of Zeiss should mean a top of the line product. Part that has me wondering is it's a 36mm tube . How does the rifle look and feel with a scope of this bulk? The rifle I'm looking to use it on is a .280 Rem. with standard weight barrel. Any likes or dislikes (feedback) from users or those with first hand knowledge of this particular scope or any other models in the V8 line would be very beneficial and appreciative. There are some highly knowledgeable people on this forum concerning optics and I'm hoping to hear from them. Thanks a bunch in advance.

OP
S

stevevan

WKR
bump
Through a trade I have a chance to acquire a Zeiss Victory V8 1.8-15x50 scope. I have little to no knowledge pertaining to this particular model scope or the V8 line. The potential trade is not in hand but through an internet transaction so I physically can't look it over nor do I have access to a place that I could see Zeiss Victory V8 scopes. Retail price is super costly so that along with the reputation of Zeiss should mean a top of the line product. Part that has me wondering is it's a 36mm tube . How does the rifle look and feel with a scope of this bulk? The rifle I'm looking to use it on is a .280 Rem. with standard weight barrel. Any likes or dislikes (feedback) from users or those with first hand knowledge of this particular scope or any other models in the V8 line would be very beneficial and appreciative. There are some highly knowledgeable people on this forum concerning optics and I'm hoping to hear from them. Thanks a bunch in advance.