Tight groups..to the left at 40?

4ester

WKR
If you moved your sight and that didn’t change it I’d say you have other issues. Regardless of third axis it still should have shifted. Things at distance are magnified, so could be things such as poor release, torque, coming out of peep, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Ok went out a shot a few, now it’s doing somthing a bit different, my peep is noticeably twisted a bit off when I draw back. I messed with my D loop to see if it corrected it. Still a bit off. I never noticed it really.
Now I constantly see it when I’m aiming its canted and every time I mess with the D loop it changes its position at draw. I’m all over the map now. I might have to take it inside and paper tune it then MoD French then walk back. I don’t have a bow press to mess with the peep unfortunately.
Second picture of the 3 with one high and right was 20 yards and others all 40 yards

Attachments

• F4DD6608-541A-41AC-80CD-731F25FD4539.jpeg
    F4DD6608-541A-41AC-80CD-731F25FD4539.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 0321581C-2609-4FF2-A39D-693B719D884F.jpeg
    0321581C-2609-4FF2-A39D-693B719D884F.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 26
  • A09A8EAC-A375-489D-8354-9809A072B410.jpeg
    A09A8EAC-A375-489D-8354-9809A072B410.jpeg
    676.9 KB · Views: 36
  • D0A716EF-D3B2-4754-AE1E-6C11D82C0446.jpeg
    D0A716EF-D3B2-4754-AE1E-6C11D82C0446.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 35
  • 614440B8-16C9-47EA-930E-9E2FDF9B8770.jpeg
    614440B8-16C9-47EA-930E-9E2FDF9B8770.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 33
OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Ok brought my Dove tail to the 3rd notch from back, twisted my peep before I shot and he’s the results. Thinking now I do have a peep align issue. That was dead center at 40 after those adjustments. One felt bad I rushed the hinge a bit. Second was money.

Attachments

• EEDBB1D1-2D91-46E4-BFFB-6C2EE709175B.jpeg
    EEDBB1D1-2D91-46E4-BFFB-6C2EE709175B.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 23
How long have you been shooting archery? Gotten any formal coaching from a badass?

i made the mistake of breaking out the allen wrench in the past whenever something was ‘off.’ When 99% of the time, it was me.

Any errors in form, shot execution, etc. is going to exaggerate once you start going 40 yards plus.

best to film yourself from different angles in Slow Mo with your phone. Is you back arched when it shouldn't be? Did you activate your core and keep your shoulder and hips in place. and make sure shot sequence (stance, grip, bow arm, shoulder, etc.) is all solid?

when shooting angles always bend at wasit after drawing and anchoring with bow and form straight up.

it could very well be your bow, but lots of variables.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
How long have you been shooting archery? Gotten any formal coaching from a badass?

i made the mistake of breaking out the allen wrench in the past whenever something was ‘off.’ When 99% of the time, it was me.

Any errors in form, shot execution, etc. is going to exaggerate once you start going 40 yards plus.

best to film yourself from different angles in Slow Mo with your phone. Is you back arched when it shouldn't be? Did you activate your core and keep your shoulder and hips in place. and make sure shot sequence (stance, grip, bow arm, shoulder, etc.) is all solid?

when shooting angles always bend at wasit after drawing and anchoring with bow and form straight up.

it could very well be your bow, but lots of variables.
I been doing archery going on 6 years now. Before I had pro shops set me up all the way. But now being 2 hours from the nearest one I try to DIY as much of it as I can. No, no formal coaching I pretty much learned everything on my own watching and reading what I could picking up Knowledge here and there. I know the two main things I’ve always struggled with is my left shoulder being either overextended or pushed in and anchoring with a hinge/thumb release to the exact same spot every time. But this seems to be the peep, I made sure my housing was eclipsed follow my shot process trust the float rotate that release little by little and there she flew. I still feel like this could be a problem. Thinking of getting another peep and having someone other than Turner’s outdoorsman install it this time LOL the guy didn’t know how to handle a prime synergy yolk system but I don’t have much of a choice I don’t have a press LOL

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
You may want to try experimenting with different draw lengths, it will make a noticeable difference.
I was thinking that recently, with the new hinge release I feel like I’m back behind my jaw line with my 2 knuckles. Have to try and set up a camera or something to see what’s up.

Is your top yoke donut twisted at full draw? This is likely causing your peep twist issues? Because the string splits and then goes through the donut, each side of the string that goes through the 2 cams can have different amount of twists in them. If your donut is twisted to the right, add twists to the left side, or take away from the right. This will fix your peep twist issues. Are you holding your hinge at the same angle every time? By that I mean is the handle or of your release at the same angle is relation to your face? If it’s more vertical one time and then more horizontal the next it will cause right, left misses. Also could be different face pressure.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
Is your top yoke donut twisted at full draw? This is likely causing your peep twist issues? Because the string splits and then goes through the donut, each side of the string that goes through the 2 cams can have different amount of twists in them. If your donut is twisted to the right, add twists to the left side, or take away from the right. This will fix your peep twist issues. Are you holding your hinge at the same angle every time? By that I mean is the handle or of your release at the same angle is relation to your face? If it’s more vertical one time and then more horizontal the next it will cause right, left misses. Also could be different face pressure.
I will have to look at this. I know the guy that was working on my bow at Tuners outdoorsman wasn’t sure how to correct my peep twist when he installed it. Not sure what he did. I am now seeing that I’m having Peep to scope housing alignment issues. Hard to get it to eclipse and stay there. I May buy the Raptor peep from Hamskea in 3/16 and see if that helps.

Zac

WKR
I will have to look at this. I know the guy that was working on my bow at Tuners outdoorsman wasn’t sure how to correct my peep twist when he installed it. Not sure what he did. I am now seeing that I’m having Peep to scope housing alignment issues. Hard to get it to eclipse and stay there. I May buy the Raptor peep from Hamskea in 3/16 and see if that helps.
The Raptor will only exaggerate the twist you already have. It's a pretty long housing. Total Peep is supposed to give you some forgiveness with rotation. I used one and wasn't entirely sure if it helped or not. What kind of string are you running?

I have the raptor peep, works fine. Most shops, unless they are prime dealers, don’t know how to fix the peep twist issue by twisting the individual sides of the string, I learned it from the G5 tech.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
The Raptor will only exaggerate the twist you already have. It's a pretty long housing. Total Peep is supposed to give you some forgiveness with rotation. I used one and wasn't entirely sure if it helped or not. What kind of string are you running?
I will have to check out total peep, Running the original stock strings that came with it.

OP
1woolie89

1woolie89

Lil-Rokslider
I have the raptor peep, works fine. Most shops, unless they are prime dealers, don’t know how to fix the peep twist issue by twisting the individual sides of the string, I learned it from the G5 tech.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, Theres a pro shop about 2 hours or less from my house Riverside Archery. Sucks there closed on my days off work haha.

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, Theres a pro shop about 2 hours or less from my house Riverside Archery. Sucks there closed on my days off work haha.
Could just buy a bow master portable press, 40-50$ and mess with it your self.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I would either shoot some bare shafts and fletched arrows from about 10 yards (into foam target) , or broadhead tune with a fixed 4 blade.
Either of those will tell you if the rest needs tweaking.