Tikka is the glock of hunting rifles

Prove me wrong.

In what way?

Glock’s market share and reputation in the pistol world is orders of magnitude greater than Tikka. How many police forces and militaries are using Glocks? Does Tikka have anything like that.

Probably 25-50% of the people that CCW or own a pistol own a Glock. I don’t personally know a single person that owns a Tikka. I can think of 12 people (literally) off the top of my head that I know that own a Glock.

That’s not a slight against Tikka. Glock is the Microsoft of the gun world in terms of market share. Tikka is...Linux?

Sled

WKR
that's a very vague statement but if you're talking about simple and reliable... then yes.

shoots well too.

EastMT

WKR
cc015e3a6372a47cc3b26d965bda8de6.jpg

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Glocks shoot well, are reliable, and not necessarily that attractive. That is what some people say about Savages.

Tikkas shoot well, are reliable and are average to slightly above average on attractiveness.

I personally love my Savage and Tikka rifles.

I'll trade some looks for something that works and is reliable; this is not limited to firearms!

Anozira

WKR
I feel like they may be reliable if that’s what your getting at but they are not even on the same plane as Glock as far as aftermarket accessories and support. This day and age because of their popularity/ modularity you can make a 100% complete weapon out of aftermarket “Glock” parts. Without going into detail, I don’t feel like there is that kind of support for Tikka.

Last edited:
OP
Desk Jockey
In what way?

Glock’s market share and reputation in the pistol world is orders of magnitude greater than Tikka. How many police forces and militaries are using Glocks? Does Tikka have anything like that.

Probably 25-50% of the people that CCW or own a pistol own a Glock. I don’t personally know a single person that owns a Tikka. I can think of 12 people (literally) off the top of my head that I know that own a Glock.

That’s not a slight against Tikka. Glock is the Microsoft of the gun world in terms of market share. Tikka is...Linux?

They are cheap, plastic and kinda ugly but they shoot like hell and go boom when you pull the trigger. The bullets tend to go where they should in tight little groups without having to send them to a smith to get them overhauled beforehand.

Wapiti1

WKR
Gaston Glock would kick your ass for suggesting his Austrian made masterpiece is in any way, shape, or form comparable to some flimsy budget priced rifle made by Finns that are owned by a bunch of wine swilling Italians.

Mr. Glock is a bit opinionated about his creation.

Jeremy

16Bore

WKR
OP is 100% correct. Most of you were probably just stains on the bed sheets when Glocks were introduced.

“Tupperware Magnums” were hated by everyone except the young bucks. My father bought me a SS Colt 1911 for a graduation present. The guy at the shop (long time friend) had told him all about the new fangled “Glock”. He said as long as I didn’t shoot the 1911, I could exchange it for the Glock (those were the good old days and that would NEVER happen today)

Well, I opened my present and there wasn’t a snowballs chance in hell I was going to get a plastic pistol.

Fast forward quite a few years.....and there’s not a snowball’s I wouldn’t grab a Glock. I like them both, and Glocks have certainly proved their worth.

But you’ll never get THAT 1911 outta my hands.

Tikkas are the same gig.

Just as everyone pistol manufacturer has robbed features from Glocks...every rifle manufacturer has robbed features from Tikka.

BCD

WKR
Both great shooters but about as ugly as a firearm can get. Is that what you meant? LOL I would never own either.

Mtnboy

WKR
I just wish 16Bore still made those bad ass Tikka - Talley mounts.... ;)

I bought a tika in a parking lot in great falls from a sketchy dude. Put a vortec scope on it and I treat it like shi@. Goddam# thing shoots so good. I haven't ever cleaned it I fell in gumbo sticky ass mudd and didn't care. Do that with your grandpa's favorite and you'd be bummed. I actually threw my rifle in a temper tantrum into the sage brush plop in the mud . Who cares its a tika I bought from a meth head in a parking lot for 300 bucks. If someone stole your tika .270 in great falls 6 years ago let me know and well see about getting it back to you

SDHNTR

WKR
Ugly, plastic junk. But accurate, ugly, plastic junk!

my biggest gripe, however, is the lack of a true short action.

howl

WKR
Nope. AK platform rifles are the Glocks of long gun. TIKKA are much more refined and easy to use. You don't have to specifically train to use a TIKKA. They run like everything else.