Tikka T3/T3x Aftermarket Stock Pics

I am looking for ideas to replace the factory stock on my Tikka T3x 6.5 and .30 06. Both have the factory sporter barrels.

Would you all be able to share some pics of the aftermarket stocks you have installed on your Tikkas and please let me know if it required any modifications or if it was a direct replacement.

Thank you!

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is a flashy one that is sent in from a customer. XLR Element with the folding carbon fiber buttstock. This configuration only weighs 33 OZ (28 without folder) but allows you to fold the rifle up and go! No bedding or modifications required, just torque down and go!

Attachments

• JD Benson.jpg
    JD Benson.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 325

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is another one with our OD Green Cerakote. Let us know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• crossley0102, kifaru, rokslide, crossley_dylan_scott, kryptek, swarovskioptik_hunitng, ruggeds...jpg
    crossley0102, kifaru, rokslide, crossley_dylan_scott, kryptek, swarovskioptik_hunitng, ruggeds...jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 335
OP
General RE LEE
Here is a flashy one that is sent in from a customer. XLR Element with the folding carbon fiber buttstock. This configuration only weighs 33 OZ (28 without folder) but allows you to fold the rifle up and go! No bedding or modifications required, just torque down and go!

Will that work with the factory sporter barrel or will there be large gaps?

homers

WKR
There's almost 80 pages worth here

A couple reviews on their own page noted some bedding work required. Is this your rifle and did you require any modifications?
It’s my Son’s rifle I upgraded, no modifications needed on this one. I find they say that just as a disclaimer. You can always bed an action on any stock

I have switched most stocks on all our rifles and hardly every need modifications with any brand. If you do, a dremel or sandpaper will fix it in 2 seconds.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Will that work with the factory sporter barrel or will there be large gaps?
These are cut to free float all the way up to 1.250-inch barrels so there will be a gap (check out the second picture to see the gap.) With that being said it is going to be more rigid than any of the stocks and make sure that there are not any weird pressures put into the barreled action that would cause fliers.

Lytro

WKR
Here’s a Grayboe Phoenix on a stock Tikka T3x Superlite action/barrel before I swapped the barrel. Bolted to the action easily with no mod and 100% free floated. Second pic is what it eventually ended up being. 7BCA36D5-5453-4985-AED5-C57034263579.jpegCB113567-8155-4A54-BED7-45A8C7EE5714.jpeg

My Altitude bolted right on and showed a increase in accuracy of about half to 3/4. Meaning in factory stock would shoot around a inch at 100 and with the new stock all groups were around .5-.75 MOA tested out to 350. Probably just a function of a better fitting stock, but still very happy.

davsco

WKR
Mesa precision is having a sale on their drop in Altitude stock (basically an AG composite stock made for them) even comes left hand
Lefty power! I had a lefty Mesa Altitude on my t3x with factory barrel in 300wsm. no issues at all and was easily sub moa. but just because, i swapped out the factory barrel with a proof carbon prefit and then bought another Altitude that was made for the larger barrel diameter. pic below is (obviously) the factory barrel.

Attachments

• tikka mesa brake R.jpg
    tikka mesa brake R.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 296

Lawnboi

WKR
Imo the Mesa is one of the worst designs in terms of inlet and recoil management.

Couple mcmillan and manners have been awesome. Got another manners coming with a factory mag mini chassis. Both of my mcmillan stocks have been an upgrade in terms of rigidity and fit. If the eh1 coming is anything like my rem clone eh1, That’s likely the direction I’d take for a hunting gun.

Iv had a bravo, it was good too. Want an xlr for my match rifle. And have messed wit a few more mcmillan and a bun AG.

Pictures can be found in the tikka thread.

Unless you can’t stand it, a big barrel gap is absolutely 100% not a big deal. I thought the same as you a while ago. Barrels are consumable and from now on every stock I get will be cut big, for anything I could possibly want to put in it. The eh1 that’s coming was cut for a m24, my match rifle a straight contour. More float is better than less float.

slowelk

WKR
Imo the Mesa is one of the worst designs in terms of inlet and recoil management.

Couple mcmillan and manners have been awesome. Got another manners coming with a factory mag mini chassis. Both of my mcmillan stocks have been an upgrade in terms of rigidity and fit. If the eh1 coming is anything like my rem clone eh1, That’s likely the direction I’d take for a hunting gun.

Iv had a bravo, it was good too. Want an xlr for my match rifle. And have messed wit a few more mcmillan and a bun AG.

Unless you can’t stand it, a big barrel gap is absolutely 100% not a big deal. I thought the same as you a while ago. Barrels are consumable and from now on every stock I get will be cut big, for anything I could possibly want to put in it. The eh1 that’s coming was cut for a m24, my match rifle a straight contour. More float is better than less float.

I will have a Manners with the factory mag/bottom metal mini chassis tomorrow. It's inlet for a sendero light but will just be holding the factory sporter barrel until it's done.

OP
General RE LEE

Good to know about the large gap not being an issue. More room for a Proof Carbon prefit later.

OP
General RE LEE
I will have a Manners with the factory mag/bottom metal mini chassis tomorrow. It's inlet for a sendero light but will just be holding the factory sporter barrel until it's done.

If you dont mind please post pics when installed.

Antares

WKR

You ever messed around with an X-Ray? I’m curious about trying one.

OP
General RE LEE
BTW are most of these suggested stocks ready to roll for the Sendero contour Proof prefit barrels?

Lawnboi

WKR
BTW are most of these suggested stocks ready to roll for the Sendero contour Proof prefit barrels?
Can be. From a builder like manners or mcmillan you spec the barrel contour. I’d reccomend just getting it cut big if you’re going to put a carbon barrel in it. The chassis are made already to accept big, most taking an MTU or straight 1.2”