Tikka t3x comb or cheek piece add on?

Thinking about playing with the comb height on my tikka t3x to improve my eye alignment with the scope.

anticipating Some of the potential responses, I am NOT interested in swapping the stock at this point so...has anyone added a cheek height adjustment to the tikkas that they like?

Either a mod or an attachment. I am open to stock packs to something I might have to do a little drilling to fit but I don’t want to make a big project out of it. If I can’t find something fairly simple I may do the old foam pad and duct tape thing to try it out.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Triad Tactical stock pack on my T3x that has a 20 MOA base. I made a thread earlier about the same thing and got some other good responses as well, could be worth a read. I really like that stock pack though, was exactly what I needed.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have used triad tactical and they are okay.

Iv now got two tikkas with Mathews fabrication kydex pieces on. Super easy install. He molds them to the width of the stock, so you don’t have a huge arch that moves your head, and you can buy a flat hardware version that is really slick.

My photo thing went to app only so I can’t upload pics, if you have an email or phone number I can send you some pics of the cheek piece on a couple tikkas.

Well worth it for me.

I also plan on selling both stocks, as they get restocked, both in spring.

Last edited:
Yes! I had the same cheek height issue. Even with the lowest Sportsmatch rings and 42mm scope. I got a Bradley and so far I’ve been really happy with it.

Before the Bradley I did the foam and tape method. It worked ok but I definitely like this better

0c78e9cfbb22d6a4790ce64491d380a1.jpg

a4a93099ee751459ce898ef5ae03361a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR

If you're willing to spend a bit, these look the shiznit!

OP
Desk Jockey

If you're willing to spend a bit, these look the shiznit!

Interesting. Might be a bit more than I want to spend. I am going to try a stick on pad and the Matthews addition if it gets here soon enough.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Triad Tactical stock pack on my T3x that has a 20 MOA base. I made a thread earlier about the same thing and got some other good responses as well, could be worth a read. I really like that stock pack though, was exactly what I needed.

do you happen to have a photo? I just picked up a t3x with a 20MOA rail that i will need a little extra height for a nice cheekweld.

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider

I don’t have one with the stock pack on but I can take one if you want. You can see pretty easily from this picture that you need something added to the stock to get a good cheekweld.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 121206

I don’t have one with the stock pack on but I can take one if you want. You can see pretty easily from this picture that you need something added to the stock to get a good cheekweld.

yup ill be ordering a cheek peice lol. I kinda assumed based on mounting my seekins med lows and having to break cheek weld to see center line.

Hulions

FNG
I've had good luck with the Blackhawk IVS cheekrest. I have three of them and just put one on my new Tikka T3x for the same reason you are talking about. They are 34.99 at MidwayUSA.

rebelblue

FNG
Does anyone have a trail weight on a Triad Stock Pack? This one: https://triadtactical.com/triad-stock-pack/

Also, looking at this one. Ugly and neoprene always ends up stinking something fierce if it even thinks about touching sweat, but it comes in at half the price of a Triad plus free shipping (Prime). Figure there's likely weight savings, as well, but those Triads sure are nice...

Lawnboi

WKR
Does anyone have a trail weight on a Triad Stock Pack? This one: https://triadtactical.com/triad-stock-pack/

Also, looking at this one. Ugly and neoprene always ends up stinking something fierce if it even thinks about touching sweat, but it comes in at half the price of a Triad plus free shipping (Prime). Figure there's likely weight savings, as well, but those Triads sure are nice...

Iv got a standard not on a gun right now. It’s 6oz on my scale. The triad is nicely built and very adjustable. That weight is minus 2 of the supplied adjustment Velcro deals

Last edited:

rebelblue

FNG
I’ve been using these. Just put the appropriate amount of foam under to get the height right and strap it down tight.

At $8.50 shipped they are inexpensive yet effective. Bonus you can carry spare loaded mag or two in the zippered pocket or just spare rounds.

Alas, I shoot left handed and, therefore, am persecuted and discriminated against at every turn!

However, this lil' guy from Midway looks interesting: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101962403

The material at the cheek sure isn't suede, but it can be ordered left-handed, has the extra velcro strips to dial in comb height, and that's a neat exterior hook-and-loop cartridge belt option I can run at the range or whatever. It isn't the Triad, but I'll buy with eyes wide open.

[Hoping the rear strap is adjustable, the crappier material just means oz shaved, & the cheek piece doesn't feel like sandpaper. We will see...]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
Alas, I shoot left handed and, therefore, am persecuted and discriminated against at every turn!

However, this lil' guy from Midway looks interesting: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101962403

The material at the cheek sure isn't suede, but it can be ordered left-handed, has the extra velcro strips to dial in comb height, and that's a neat exterior hook-and-loop cartridge belt option I can run at the range or whatever. It isn't the Triad, but I'll buy with eyes wide open.

[Hoping the rear strap is adjustable, the crappier material just means oz shaved, & the cheek piece doesn't feel like sandpaper. We will see...]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the triad comes in a left hand version. Running it on my rifle now. Get the scope later today and this weekend will be able to zero it and get some dope finally. Hoping its tall enough if not going to add some more velcro strips to raise it up.

rebelblue

FNG
the triad comes in a left hand version. Running it on my rifle now. Get the scope later today and this weekend will be able to zero it and get some dope finally. Hoping its tall enough if not going to add some more velcro strips to raise it up.

Yeah, I was referencing that Allen version--that one is RH only. I did end up ordering the Midway one and will check back in once I get it in and on the gun. The thing was $16 so... well, we'll see.

Bravo6

FNG
Any experience with the KalixTeknik? Curious about how much weight it adds to the rifle