TIKKA T3X lite SS in 6.5 prc..yes or no?

jlpoe

FNG
The 6.5 PRC is here to stay. I have one in CA Mesa. I am glad I reload because factory fodder is unobtanium.
Looking to buy that same rifle. Have you used it on Elk yet? Also, can you give me any feedback on which ammo yours likes? I’m so close to ordering 😀

Looking to buy that same rifle. Have you used it on Elk yet? Also, can you give me any feedback on which ammo yours likes? I’m so close to ordering 😀
Mine is mostly a safe queen as are most of my guns. I haven't killed anything with it yet. It shoots factory 143 ELDX into 3/4 inch and the one hand load I have tried into 1 inch.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same rifle I bought on the black Friday sale at sportsmans warehouse, its a shooter. I havent hunted with it yet.

Attachments

• CA PRC 1.jpg
    CA PRC 1.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 68
  • CA PRC 2.jpg
    CA PRC 2.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 65

jlpoe

FNG
Mine is mostly a safe queen as are most of my guns. I haven't killed anything with it yet. It shoots factory 143 ELDX into 3/4 inch and the one hand load I have tried into 1 inch.
Nice! yeah everything I've researched (a ton :) ) looks like tghis is a fantastic cartridge for Elk on down and that the Tikka does a great job. thanks for the info sir

jlpoe

FNG
I have the same rifle I bought on the black Friday sale at sportsmans warehouse, its a shooter. I havent hunted with it yet.
those are some fine groups there sir!!!!! One of my concerns right now is ammo. I've located weapons - would be able to shoot it haha

thanks for those pics!

SouthPaw

WKR
I didn’t want to start another thread but those with a Tikka T3X in 6.5 PRC how much wiggle room is there side to side in the mag? I’m looking at using the PRC mags. in my 6.8 Western build. The length is perfect. Sorry to the OP for jumping in here.
It will be perfect for the WSM, SAUM, PRC, or 6.8 case under 3.09 COAL. It does protrude a bit below the stock, as in it's a deeper mag than the standard tikka mag. If you want factory, it's the right one for your build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12wander

FNG
It will be perfect for the WSM, SAUM, PRC, or 6.8 case under 3.09 COAL. It does protrude a bit below the stock, as in it's a deeper mag than the standard tikka mag. If you want factory, it's the right one for your build.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you!

jlpoe

FNG
The 6.5 PRC is here to stay. I have one in CA Mesa. I am glad I reload because factory fodder is unobtanium.
I just ordered one online through Sportmans Wharehouse for store delivery in 6.5 PRC in their Green/ Burnt Cerkote - looking forward to shooting it

I’d be interested in your opinion in general as I researched all the brands in that sub 1500 price range and just liked what Christensen offered. Was wondering though how the action works for you as well as how the recoil/loudness thing works with their muzzle break. Also what components are you using for reloading and what does she like to ingest for accuracy?

Thanks in advance!

I just ordered one online through Sportmans Wharehouse for store delivery in 6.5 PRC in their Green/ Burnt Cerkote - looking forward to shooting it

I’d be interested in your opinion in general as I researched all the brands in that sub 1500 price range and just liked what Christensen offered. Was wondering though how the action works for you as well as how the recoil/loudness thing works with their muzzle break. Also what components are you using for reloading and what does she like to ingest for accuracy?

Thanks in advance!
I think the action is very smooth. I shot it with the brake on it and did not care for the concussion at all. I ended up removing the brake and putting a thread protector in place. The recoil is very manageable in my opinion. I am not recoil shy, but I will get recoil induced headaches from shooting heavy hitters. The PRC doesn't bother me.

I have only shot mine about 40 times. A complete box of factory 143 ELDX, and I loaded up some 130 grain Tipped Game Kings behind a max charge of 4350. I have shot about 15 of those. I used 4350, because it was all I had at the time. There are better (slower) powders for the 6.5PRC. At this point, I consider myself unqualified to make any reloading recommendations.

I know they’re on the website but has anyone actually seen a T3x lite stainless steel in 6.5PRC? I’ve not seen them for sale in person or online.

jlpoe

FNG
I think the action is very smooth. I shot it with the brake on it and did not care for the concussion at all. I ended up removing the brake and putting a thread protector in place. The recoil is very manageable in my opinion. I am not recoil shy, but I will get recoil induced headaches from shooting heavy hitters. The PRC doesn't bother me.

I have only shot mine about 40 times. A complete box of factory 143 ELDX, and I loaded up some 130 grain Tipped Game Kings behind a max charge of 4350. I have shot about 15 of those. I used 4350, because it was all I had at the time. There are better (slower) powders for the 6.5PRC. At this point, I consider myself unqualified to make any reloading recommendations.
Thank you sir glad to hear! Appreciate the info

I’m excited to try that bad boy out. 😀

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I didn’t want to start another thread but those with a Tikka T3X in 6.5 PRC how much wiggle room is there side to side in the mag? I’m looking at using the PRC mags. in my 6.8 Western build. The length is perfect. Sorry to the OP for jumping in here.
Sorry, i wasnt online in a few days. Ill make a video of the magazine with some different bullets in it and send it to you so you can judge for yourself.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I know they’re on the website but has anyone actually seen a T3x lite stainless steel in 6.5PRC? I’ve not seen them for sale in person or online.
No i looked around pretty hard for about 3 weeks and never saw one. Nor did i see any 6.5 prc ammo but i didnt look as hard for that. Im betting it will be a little bit b4 they start showing up bc it seems like that caliber was one of the newest offerings in the t3x lite ss.

Crh1977

FNG
Some pretty sweet guns coming out at Shot Show. CA and bergara have some pretty cool stuff that I’ve seen. I’ve got the MPR from CA in 6.5 prc and shots 1/2 groups with factory 147 eldm. Killed 3 deer with it. All have been DRT 80-315 yds.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
I hope this helps. The second picture is the 3 rd mag that come with the factory gun. I am pushing a 270 rd to the side. Hope this helps. Cant upload videos. This is best i can do this platform.

Attachments

• 20220119_200923.jpg
    20220119_200923.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220119_203808.jpg
    20220119_203808.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220119_203813.jpg
    20220119_203813.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Just got Veil Wideland in 6.5 PRC. Stayed with factory stock, added dovetail fore end and vertical grip in OG. Changing bolt handle for Anarchy Outdoors 20 deg with Dragon scale knob in OG. Looks good, haven't shot it yet. Need temps to raise a little.

OP
C

CJ19

WKR
Just got Veil Wideland in 6.5 PRC. Stayed with factory stock, added dovetail fore end and vertical grip in OG. Changing bolt handle for Anarchy Outdoors 20 deg with Dragon scale knob in OG. Looks good, haven't shot it yet. Need temps to raise a little.
Do you know what for load and bullet you are going to shoot yet?

Seeknelk

WKR
Even during the ammo shortage, I have found that 6.8 western is available in most stores. For the sake of trying something new, what do you think of the 6.8 western?
Well, that's mainly because hardly any factory rifles are even available yet and not many folks have them. But kudos to Hornady getting the ammo out ahead of it like they have been doing with new cartridges.

Novice

Lil-Rokslider
I looked around for 6.5prc a bit and couldn’t find any. I’ve seen a lot of rifles available. In addition to the ones said, I’ve seen Sportsman’s has a bunch of the Sauer classic 100 XT Atacama in 6.5PRC. She’s a looker.