Tikka T3X spacers/increasing LOP

fwafwow

WKR
How are folks increasing your LOP?
I need another 1/2 to 3/4”. Other threads reference some Tikka spacer sets online that seem to be only 1/8” each. I’m hoping the RokStock has some LOP options, but until then are my options (1) to stack 4-6 of the Tikka spacers, or (2) get something to grind? Or is there a 3rd turnkey solution - like a Limbsaver or other recoil pad?

ElPollo

WKR
A limbsaver will gain you a little. Maybe a half inch or a little less. You can add spacers if you need more. One suggestion though. Check your LOP for prone and shooting seated over a pack while squared up behind the gun. Lots of people use the bird gun approach with their feet at an angle to the target. I rarely shoot centerfire rifles offhand and I find I like a slightly shorter LOP on them than I do on my quail and waterfowl guns.

Edit: I recognize you have experiece with rifles and did not intend that to be condescending.

Agree that a limbsaver is a good start. Tikka branded spacers are pricey. I orderEd some kick eez form Amazon and ground them down. Feels like somebody with a 3 D printer could start a little cottage industry to make them.

Last edited:

ElPollo

WKR
I also used the kick-ease spacers on a compact stock. They work and are cheaper than the Tikka spacers.

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Agree that a limbsaver is a good start. Tikka branded spacers are pricey. I orderEd some kick eez form Amazon and ground them down. Feels like somebody with a 3 D printer could start a little cottage industry to make them.
I might just do that, I'll see what kind of filaments I have when I get back to the house and do some research for what would work best that doesn't require an enclosure. I have plenty of PLA but don't want somebody out hunting in subfreezing temps having them crack.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Funny I just stumbled on this, I just picked up a Lite compact 308 and I need just a touch more LOP. I'm 5'5" so in all reality the compact fits me a fair bit better than the full size, but I'd like to add another 1/4" or so. Going to throw together a CAD model for a spacer and see how it turns out on the printer.

Macintosh

WKR
A sheet of 1/8” off-brand kydex (for thin) or el cheapo plastic cutting boards (for thick), and a bench sander makes quick work of any spacer you need for next to no investment. Or the grind to fit spacers can be had in various thicknesses, even angled, etc and polish up nice. Drill out the center of any of the above if you want lighter. Also, hastings distribution sells 1.25” microcell grind to fit recoil pads—light weight and adds 1/4” to the factory pad, handles recoil well. Thick rubber pads get way heavy on a light rifle.

If you have a 3d printer and want to make something useful, make a program to duplicate the ctr cheek rest. They are better than any of the other aftermarket cheek rests due to the negative comb angle, and they are more or less unobtainable at a reasonable price unless you stumble on the rare used one for sale.

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got some time to throw together a quick CAD model and get it on the printer. Thickness is 1/4", and keys with the pockets/bosses on the factory recoil pad. Need to adjust the print file to fix the transition from the support material (small gap between spacer & stock) but overall pretty happy with the fitment.

Attachments

• 1000002962.jpg
    1000002962.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 15

Bluumoon

WKR
KRG spacers worked for my purposes, but I was drilling new holes to lift but pad above board. 3/8 thick each.