Tikka Users: Have you noticed any difference in accuracy between the fluted SuperLite barrels and the regular T3x Lite barrels?

Tikka Users: Have you noticed any difference in accuracy between the fluted SuperLite barrels and the regular T3x Lite barrels?

I have had better accuracy out of my superlites, I don’t think it has anything to do with the fluting though. I think it’s just coincidence.

I have not noticed any difference between any of my Lite or superlite rifles.. They all shoot exceptionally well for a light weight straight out of the box.. I will have to say though that the 2 CTRs that I have as well as everything that I have with the D-18 contour do shoot very slightly better, but it could very well be the added weight.. For an out of the box rifle, at the TIKKA price, I'm not sure if you can do much better.. IMHO.. Thanks

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
The least accurate of the 3 I've owned is my fluted superlite. Not enough evidence to say it has anything to do with the fluting, however.

No difference between old t3x lite in 30-06 and new fluted 7mm rem. Both running fist size groups consistently at 500 with accubond ( 180 and 160 respectively ).

The lites I own have shot on par with the super lites I have tried. I wouldn’t say no to the fluting but I wouldnt pay A lot extra for it. I can’t recall exactly but I think the weight difference is 3-5 oz. With that in mind, the idea of swapping barrels or having one fluted seems like an expensive way to save a fairly limited amount of weight so I say shoot what you got.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I just tested this about a month ago. Brand new super light and a brand new light both in KRG bravos with 3 different loads. 53 vmax 69 tmk and 77tmk both with forms load using 8208. Shot multiple 10 shot groups with each load out of both guns. The super light was consistently more accurate. I think it's luck of the draw which will be better.