TIRES - Ford F150 FX4

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
I was just looking at the ST Maxx - I have a customer and that is all he runs year round with extra siping. They are a snow removal company in the winter and tree cutting/mulching in the summer.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
BF Goodrich KO2’s are probably the best all around tire for an F-150. Guys who run heavy diesel trucks don’t have great luck with them, but for the lighter F150 they are awesome.

Other options would be Falken Wildpeak, Cooper AT3, Toyo AT3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
In the end due to inventory and everything being so far out I decided to go with the Cooper ST MAXX - siped.

Couple guys here use them - they will probably throw rocks this summer but already WAY better in my one day of driving - able to go back to 2WD instead of 4H.

Unfortunately the BFGoodrich Dealers said they didn't have any more coming in town and I didn't want to wait for the shipping to come up from the lower 48.

I'll let everyone know how they do - thanks for the feedback and all the answers. I didn't notice much of a difference on noise level (though online reviews say that will increase some with wear) and they are a lot grippier in the 6" snow areas as well as on the smooth/polished intersections.

Hopefully in 2 weeks I'll get to head North towards the Brooks Range for Caribou and really get to test them out!

How are they in the mud on the mine when it starts raining or during breakup/melt off?

They grip pretty well. I was actually surprised how well they did in the Montana gumbo when it would melt.

Wouldn’t be my first choice for a mud tire, but their snow and ice performance more than makes up for that.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the exact same truck and it came with those Pirelli. I was planning and replaced them and the 20" wheels with Wildpeaks in the first week. Although the Wildpeaks are tree peaks mountain rated it sounds that for your driving conditions "real" snow and ice tires, like the Blizzaks, would be the better option.

^Couldn’t have said it any better myself. In my experience a 3-peak rated AT tire will “do the job” but nothing replaces a dedicated winter tire.

On my 2018 F150, I am running a set of Wildpeak AT3 from from May-November and a set of Firestone Winterforce UV-2 December-April. I live in SW Montana and drive roughly 60 miles a day on ranch, FS, and county roads.

The Wildpeaks can get me by as the seasons transition in the spring and the fall while keeping the wear minimal on my UV-2s. They are excellent on dirt, gravel, loose rock, and snow. Really quiet ride on pavement. However, as I was reminded during a recent storm here this past week they are just “okay” on ice. In my opinion, nothing replaces the response that you get from a true snow tire with a cold weather rubber compound.

If money were no object I would have a set of dedicated Blizzaks for this specific purpose but I have ultimately been very pleased with the performance of the UV-2s for strictly winter driving.

My two cents.