to go back or not to go back.

sk1

WKR
Well as of right now it appears as though i am going back to Wyoming Oct 15 to give it another try with the rifle. Gonna be interesting going back by myself, but it should be a great time again

wyoming has already had snow, should be interesting to see how the hunt compares from early season archery to now....good luck out there

sk1

WKR
takes a lot of snow to actually "force" an elk to move.....i hunt them in utah's extended archery season up til mid december each year and you would be surprised the amount of snow they stay in....i would think food source changing or water no longer being available where they were would be more so the deciding factors, but im far from an expert on the subject

yeah....i said wyoming had snow, but i didnt say it was much :p just a different factor involved in the hunt now

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I guess i will just have to go check it out. I would prefer they stay higher, since most of the lower land is private and very hard to access.

OP
B

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I did go back in mid Oct.to give it a try with the rifle. What i found was that the area i was as soon as it saw any pressure the elk immediately headed down the mountain to the private ranches.i saw a couple hundred elk all feeding in 1 herd 1 afternoon, unfortunately it was on private. Agonizing to have a bull 200 hundred yards and in plain view but unable to shoot because of being on the wrong side of the fence. I gave it a try and enjoyed myself so it was worth the trip. Sorry so long before i posted this.