To the gentleman calling near my campsite…

hobbes

WKR
I can't say that I've ever called from a campground, but I've been on bugling bulls within a few hundred yards of a FS campground a couple times. I didn't kill either but they were there. One mid day bull and the other a late evening and again the next morning. Both had cows.

TheGDog

WKR

Boomer

• The Noun "Boomer" a name for the older generations when they judge a more recent generation for what they do/use.
"Boomers" refers to the people born when all the GI's returned back home from WWII.

I feel fairly certain... that NOBODY from that era... is out in the field causing you grief.

Let's assume the latest year, 1945. So to 2000 right there would be 55yrs. And now we're in 2022. So 77yo?

I'm, hazarding a Guess.. that perhaps you're instead referring to GenX? Which is like me? (53yo ATM)

svivian

WKR
"Boomers" refers to the people born when all the GI's returned back home from WWII.

I feel fairly certain... that NOBODY from that era... is out in the field causing you grief.

Let's assume the latest year, 1945. So to 2000 right there would be 55yrs. And now we're in 2022. So 77yo?

I'm, hazarding a Guess.. that perhaps you're instead referring to GenX? Which is like me? (53yo ATM)
This is gold!

Maverick1

WKR
You want a beer bro? It’s hot, it’s Labor Day weekend, and you’re calling 80 yards from my tent at a Forest Service Campground.

I know that the “go deeper” thing is mostly bullshit but I think you’ve gone too far the other way here…

In all seriousness that type of Hunter is either someone new who needs a real adult to take him out or someone with brass balls who knows something I don’t, if he’d have called in a bull within range of my two dogs and my wife and I’s cribbage game that would have been the stuff of legends.
Options:
1. Walk over, introduce yourself, and make conversation
2. Start thread about situation on Rokslide.