toes getting jammed in toe box

njdoxie

WKR
I’ve had these lowa Cevedales for 3 years, no issues, but now every time I go down hill with weight, it’s very uncomfortable because my toes are jamming the front of the boot. I’ve done nothing different since day 1 with the boots, so I have no clue what has changed. I’ve tried lacing them up super tight but then I get bad hot spots on the top of my toes or the side of my little toe. Any ideas how to address this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only time I’ve had issues with that was when my toe nails were a little too long. I always make sure to trim my toe nails the day before a hunt or hike. Not sure if that’s what’s causing your issue but maybe an idea.

HighVoltageHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Try picking up some heel lifts.
They may help to raise your heel up further into the heel box locking your foot into place.

Read up on "Heel locking lacing system" or something like that. I'm sorry, can't remember the exact wording, but it's on YouTube, and has to do with lacing your boots so the heel is locked to the back of the boot. I have read (maybe on this Forum), that lots of people have used it with great success. Maybe someone else can help with the correct naming of the process, or even put the link here for the YouTube video.

Murdy

WKR
I wore a 13 for years, recently had to go up to a 14 (since there's no 13 1/2). I have a pair of Zamberland Dakotas that I started experiencing the same thing with my toes while going down hill. I was really surprised when I found an old pair of speedlace boots issue to me when I joined the Army, which were 12 1/2. I had not recalled wearing anything smaller than 13 as an adult