Trail cam goes quiet panic

Huntnnw

WKR
There is several brands that perform poorly in temps below 30 deg. I ran 3 cams on the same tree once in 15-28 deg weather and the results were eye opening. If you had just hung 1 of those cams it would have appeared all 3 took pics all week long as they all had pics every day. 1 cam had 300 more pics than the other 2 and a bear that wasnt on the other 2 and several different deer. I have sat in tree stands in cold weather and watched deer stand 15' in front of cams and not take a single pic, but always took my pic walking up to cam. There is something with the sensors in cold weather and deer size game not working consistently

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
I wondered why one of my cameras had slowed to a crawl. Know I know why.Yotes.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone else panic when there traail cam goes quiet for a week? I was pretty consistently getting two shooter bucks. But now I have not gotten them on cam in a week and I am starting to worry.

Anyone else get like that?

My trail cams late summer are usually just to see what's around. I expect them to see the big boys for awhile and then closer to opening day they should breakup and start changing patterns