Trail cam Rookie

deadwolf

WKR
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little advice on trail cams, and as the title above shows, I know nothing at all about them. I'm not looking for anything fancy, and in all honesty I have no need for them from a hunting aspect, at least not now. What I need is to have a decent camera to set up where I leave my truck parked for extended periods of time. A couple years ago I had a few items taken from the back of my truck, nothing important really, but it got me thinking what if someone really vandalized or broke into my truck when it's parked for 7-10 days. I'd like to be able to set up a cam hidden so that it gets photos or video of anyone messing with what they shouldn't. Most folks in Alaska are respectful and honest, but there are always a few bad eggs out there.
I don't need one that send pictures via email or text as I would be in the field, but a good HD cam that is reasonably priced and concealable. Thanks for the help

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check out spy pt cameras I have had good luck with them and for 100-150 you can get all you need.

A fun sport but imho no matter which you buy including home brews they are finicky and all have problems from flat out dieing to needing top of line fresh batteries at all times. Have many pics of the critters here on the plantation but last two years have not set them out cause just tired of messing with the dam things.