Trigger technique? "yank and pray" or....

What's your trigger discipline?

• Yank and pray

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Press, break, and pin to the rear

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Press, break, and freeze

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Press, break, and release

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's the route I've gone. Within a few days I'll have my .22lr trainer re-assembled and good to go. I went overboard as I do with everything shooting related but it'll be a carbon copy of my centerfires in basically every way.
22 lr for feedback on paper is awesome, especially when you have it built like your CF.

Also, with dry fire, there is the opportunity to practice positioning, natural point of aim, and then pressing the trigger.

Cool - what did you get?
Vudoo V22 with a Huber 1.5# two-stage and I'll probably put my TBAC 22-Takedown on it. I plan to do some NRL22 if I can find some near me once I get back up to speed fundamentals-wise.

Everything else that'll be on it is below, but will all be transferred over to my centerfires if/when I need them for a class or hunt. That's the beauty of it being R700 footprint.

Vortex Razor G3 6-36x56
MDT Send-It level
KRG Whiskey-3 folding chassis with ARCA spigot and ARCA rail
MDT Ckye Pod lightweight single pull

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
After a lot of experimentation, press with a 90 degree trigger finger, pin to the rear with the MINIMUM amount of force it takes to keep from bouncing off during recoil. This has produced the smallest groups of any technique by a large margin. The heavier the gun, the less effect it has to hold to the rear with too much pressure.

Dryfire is the best practice for trigger manipulation.

csmith936

FNG
It has a lot to do with positioning of the trigger finger, breathing, and a steady squeeze on the exhale