Trijicon Credo 4-16×50 review

I just picked up a trijicon Credo 4-16×50 and got it mounted today.
I did a ton of research on these scopes and really couldn't find much, soo I'm starting a review thread that I'll update as I go along.

I mounted it on my Tikka 7-300 LRI with Talley rings, and spent some time comparing it to my 3-15×44 vx5hd.
Right off the bat I'm very impressed with the glass and easy eye box.
I'm very particular about scopes that are fussy to get behind, my vx5 is decent but still not my favorite.
The credo however is awesome to get behind, I could get full sight picture instantly from a variety of positions on the stock without any tunneling.

I compared the glass on the two scopes on all sorts of backgrounds out to several miles away.
I like the vx5 glass but when going back and forth it was clear that the credo is much brighter and provides more color contrast.
I mean it actually makes the vx5 look kinda grey in comparison.
I took them out again this evening and again the Credo did a lot better in low light.
I glassed long range targets, and as it got to the legal light limit I compared them looking into dark brushy patches on a timber fringe 300 yards away.

Now I've never been a big illumination guy but damn! I couldn't make out any details in the darkening backdrop using the vx5, and the image was getting dark and grainy.
I switched to the credo and it was incredible how much more detail I could pick out.
I turned the illumination on its lowest setting and could easily have gotten myself in trouble if taking a shot at a game animal.
Without a doubt it was beyond legal shooting light.

The Turrets are pretty dang good, very positive tactile clicks. Again they killed the mushy sloppy feeling turrets on the vx5.
So far I'm really impressed, I'll update this thread with a tall target test when I get my load development done.

Here's a few pics mounted up, and next to the vx5
20220217_152814.jpg
20220217_152802.jpg
20220217_154009.jpg

Thanks for the write up, the credo and tenmile scopes are looking pretty good. I’m considering the 2-10x32 to replace a VX-3 on my wife’s rifle.

But… to be a real rockslide scope review these days you need to drop it like it’s hot.

What is the tan stock on the top tikka?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Thanks for the write up, the credo and tenmile scopes are looking pretty good. I’m considering the 2-10x32 to replace a VX-3 on my wife’s rifle.

But… to be a real rockslide scope review these days you need to drop it like it’s hot.

Ha
Yeah I'm not really into that dropping it to prove it holds zero crap.. I dropped a rifle in the mountains once in my entire life, I was 12 and trying to rock climb one handed like a dumbass 🙃, actually broke the stock.
The tan one is an ultralight hunter from MPI, it weighs 18oz as shown

BCD

WKR
I recently ordered and returned a Credo 2.5-15 MRAD. I liked everything about the scope but the reticle looked really faint to me and I had trouble picking it up well in the woods even with good light. I think the combination of the faint center dot (which would be fantastic for long range) and the fact that the reticle didn't get thick on the sides leading up to the center (which would allow for better "framing" of the target in low light) just made it really hard to pick up quickly in the woods. I was comparing it to an LHT and SWFA 3-9 on my other rifles and for whatever reason those other 2 reticles are much easier to see to my eyes. If they came out with just a slightly thicker reticle for this scope, i would buy one again in a heartbeat.

How did others feel about the reticle?

BjornF16

WKR
Watching with interest…

PC, I have the Trijicon 2-10x36 on my 6.5 CM in KRG Bravo if you want to meet up and shoot.

I’ve got a Sako being restocked at MPI in ultralite fair…how do you like yours?

I have a few VX5. I am very high on that scope. At least for glass, brightness and clarity. Would have to be pretty impressive to top it in the same relative price range

Watching with interest…

PC, I have the Trijicon 2-10x36 on my 6.5 CM in KRG Bravo if you want to meet up and shoot.

Thanks for the offer, where are you located? I’m in Fort Worth, TX.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Watching with interest…

I've had that ultralight MPI stock for about 5 years now and I love it. It's been on some really tough hunts and held up, its not the greatest for prone like any traditional stock.
I actually have another MPI in the works for the tikka wearing the Credo, its more of a long range hybrid and should finish around 20 oz.
It's supposed to be finished this month
Where did you purchase through?
I bought mine from an individual who had two and canceled his 2nd build.
I think Europtic has the best price on them

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
I recently ordered and returned a Credo 2.5-15 MRAD. I liked everything about the scope but the reticle looked really faint to me and I had trouble picking it up well in the woods even with good light. I think the combination of the faint center dot (which would be fantastic for long range) and the fact that the reticle didn't get thick on the sides leading up to the center (which would allow for better "framing" of the target in low light) just made it really hard to pick up quickly in the woods. I was comparing it to an LHT and SWFA 3-9 on my other rifles and for whatever reason those other 2 reticles are much easier to see to my eyes. If they came out with just a slightly thicker reticle for this scope, i would buy one again in a heartbeat.

How did others feel about the reticle?
A really like the reticle, it reminds me of the Leupold PR1 moa in the mk5 line.
As I said above picking targets out of the brush in low light was easy, the illumination makes it even easier of course if you have bad eyes.

Trijicon seems to be getting most things right, and the word is getting out on them. If I had to start all over again, most of my rifles would be wearing Trijicon.

Last edited:

Tullis94

WKR
Can anyone tell me the difference between the tenmile and the credo scopes? Trijicon is really catching my attention.

BjornF16

WKR
Credo “medium” range, Tenmile “long” range. Same glass. Erectors allegedly same.

@Formidilosus made a comment that he thinks turret clicks feel better on the Tenmile (FFP) vs Credo (SFP) that he is testing. This could be difference between FFP and SFP erectors.

ChrisAU

WKR
My Credo 2.5-10x56 has unquestionably better turret feel than my Credo 2.5-15x42 and the Tenmile 4-24x50 I had, though all are very nice. All SFP.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Can anyone tell me the difference between the tenmile and the credo scopes? Trijicon is really catching my attention.
It's kind of confusing with all the name changes that Trijicon adopted.
The credo is more the tactical line with lower magnification, and LPVO offerings.
The Ten mile line is the same scope according to the rep I spoke with, but offered in higher magnification ranges.
The HX subcategory is the hunter line some having caped turrets.
I talked with a guy from GA precision the other week and he said their engineer took one apart and the erector components were nearly the same as the Bushnell lrhs2

Review of the Credo 2-10 model...

BjornF16

WKR
Review of the Credo 2-10 model...

Unusable from 8-10x?...I don't have any problems with shooting with it out to 1000 yds at 10x, although I will say I mostly use it on 6-8x just for spotting impacts.

I do agree in that I wish it had parallax.

The HX subcategory is the hunter line some having caped turrets.
My Credo 2-10 has same capped windage as my Credo HX. The 1-4, 1-6 and 3-9 Credo all have capped elevation turrets.

The HX line is all MOA based (because that is all hunters use, right?) with some Plex and BDC reticles thrown in.

The Credo line has mix of Mils and MOA.

ChrisAU

WKR
Unusable from 8-10x?...I don't have any problems with shooting with it out to 1000 yds at 10x, although I will say I mostly use it on 6-8x just for spotting impacts.

I do agree in that I wish it had parallax.

My Credo 2-10 has same capped windage as my Credo HX. The 1-4, 1-6 and 3-9 Credo all have capped elevation turrets.

The HX line is all MOA based (because that is all hunters use, right?) with some Plex and BDC reticles thrown in.

The Credo line has mix of Mils and MOA.

The 3-18x50 Tenmile HX is in MILs.

It doesn't make any sense lol.