Tripod plates attached to rifles?

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered mine with 1/4-20 t-nuts. I took the barreled action out of the stock and drew a center line down the middle of the stock. I measured 2 1/2" in front of the furthest forward action screw and made a mark. This is where I drilled my first hole. I put the mini arca plate up to it and marked the second hole, took off the plate and drilled the second hole. On the barrel channel side of the stock, I used a paddle bit to make a "countersink" hole for the top of the t-nut. I sunk the t-nut in from the barrel channel side and then tapped it into place with a punch and brass hammer. I used a little bit of epoxy around the top of the t-nuts just to help hold everything in place.

This may be more confusing? If you search on YouTube for installing t-nuts into gun stocks, there is an Area 419 video that shows the whole process. It is really easy.

The VA-5 is not rated for enough weight to shoot off of. I’ll be shooting off of a Sirui ball head that’s rated for 25lbs so it’ll be just fine. I do really like the VA-5 for glassing though.
How does one establish a minimum weight rating for shooting off of a tripod head? I've been shooting from my VA-5.

Petersen

FNG
Area419 rails for stock. I have a demon head- not the most expensive or super duty but it is sufficient if you have some technique. Larger sized carbon fiber tripods are helpful