Tripod weight bag? Which one are you using?

repins05

WKR
I am going to try out a tripod weight bag. After shooting off of my tripod for several years I can see a benefit to using one. Any recommendations for a bag? Also weight? Using a rrs.

this isn’t a post for …. you don’t need one … to much weight to pack … etc etc. Just looking for some recommendations. Thx.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
That makes sense to bring a bag and fill it. Here in The Lowcountry, I'd be filling it with soil or water.

Does anyone use a tripod bag at home or on the range that always has the same amount of material in it?

Do you have a preferred weight?

I run a RRS tripod. I put my training bag from my exo pack that's full of rocks on it just because its "handy" but its not really so handy at 40 lbs but boy is it steady.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
I had to look that up, do you mean for placing items to set down and pick back up or to add weight to stabilize the legs?

I use a magneto speed chronograph and a hammock would be a good place to set the LCD screen that shows the readings.

I'm getting ready to load some small cloth bags I found around the house with rocks to answer my own question about how much weight is enough versus too much.

OP
R

repins05

WKR
I had to look that up, do you mean for placing items to set down and pick back up or to add weight to stabilize the legs?

I use a magneto speed chronograph and a hammock would be a good place to set the LCD screen that shows the readings.

I'm getting ready to load some small cloth bags I found around the house with rocks to answer my own question about how much weight is enough versus too much.
Adding weight by center post hook or to the legs. I purchased a bag and put 30 pounds of weight in it. I am using the hook and hanging the bag suspended and partially on the ground. it is noticeably more stable and will try this next hunting season if the situation allows.

Last edited:
Yeah, one of the tripods I have, does not have a hook. So they make a hammock for holding weight from the legs. I was thinking about buying one, just curious if anyone has used one. Outdoorsman makes one.