Truck Shopping

kennygss

FNG
I think we are some months away from the used car market leveling out. Prices will remain high for a while yet

tony

WKR
Here you go, Bob Caldwell Columbus Ohio if you win the power ball, or just like to overpay! :LOL:
Even Knox my dog was like WTF man, I only have a 100 grand with me. :D
Dodge Hell Cat in the showroom was 92,000. That was a nice car

Attachments

• IMG_7805.JPG
    IMG_7805.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7806.JPG
    IMG_7806.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7807.JPG
    IMG_7807.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7808.JPG
    IMG_7808.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 36
Local dealer in Granger, IA, has 5 of them on the lot ranging from $86k to $108k. Sad considering you can get a fully loaded 3/4 ton crew mega cab with the Cummins for $82k.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Used prices are dropping fast right now (wholesale market). They’re still well above pre-pandemic, but significantly less than the summer peaks.

Howdy Partner

Lil-Rokslider
This should spark up a few comments but here goes, I own a 2022 Ford F-250 Powerstroke diesel, I’ve had more than one of just about every HD truck there is and switched back to Ford in 2018, I put 50-70k miles a year on my trucks, tow heavy loads, hunt, etc. Ford are the only trucks I’ve ever owned that don’t rattle anywhere, at all. they have also been the most dependable by far, Chevys just aren’t built as well, the motor and tranny are good, but the truck isn’t what a Ford is. All my friends that have newer Dodge trucks have had terrible issues mostly transmissions, spindle/bearing issues. For medium duty trucks Chevy are pretty nice, I’d still put them second to the Ford F150 which again, are the best, I’ve got F150 work trucks that have many, many miles without any problems. I also like the fact that Ford didn’t need a bail out. my 2 cents

Obviously this gent has and uses his brain.

Thanks for posting this. I'm in the same boat. Currently in a 2001 Ram 2500 h/o with 350k with nothing ever really done to it, and still has the original 6sp clutch. Leaking oil out the rear main pretty bad, along with drips from other places. Looked at new ones, can't bring myself to drop what they're asking for them only to then scratch the poop out of it taking it off road hunting, etc. After all the truck recommendations on here, still wondering if it would be better off just overhauling what I have now and buying a cheaper SUV AWD style vehicle.

BinoDino

FNG
Thanks for posting this. I'm in the same boat. Currently in a 2001 Ram 2500 h/o with 350k with nothing ever really done to it, and still has the original 6sp clutch. Leaking oil out the rear main pretty bad, along with drips from other places. Looked at new ones, can't bring myself to drop what they're asking for them only to then scratch the poop out of it taking it off road hunting, etc. After all the truck recommendations on here, still wondering if it would be better off just overhauling what I have now and buying a cheaper SUV AWD style vehicle.
you'll never be happy with a SUV unless you have school age kids and you go to play dates . Buy another RAM .There are dealers selling bellow MSRP as long as you factory order it.

Beendare

WKR
Last year I traded a '15 Ram Laramie crew Ecodiesel for '19 Ram Limited crew short box with Ramboxes. I couldn't be happier with how it performed during 9 days in WY last week. The air ride suspension is a must-have and in OR2 I had zero issues with ground clearance on nasty forest service roads (big rocks, washouts, snow, ice, etc...). Last spring I bought some 18" takeoffs and mounted some LT275/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT and they've been phenomenal on pavement and offroad.

The 5th gen Rams (2019 and newer) have a much larger and even more comfortable cab than the 4th gen, and you can even recline the back seats. In Limited trim I have front and back heated/cooled seats, 19 speaker Harmon Kardon, and 11" infotainment. The retractable running boards are also a nice factory feature and reduce drag on the highway.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this truck, and 4 of us were able to easily fit 9 days worth of gear in the box even with the Ramboxes.

Future upgrades I'm considering include:
-Skid plates
-Daystar leveling kit (front and rear). This kit includes a 2" spacer for the front and adjustable links for the front and back. Basically it puts the truck at the same height as OR2 when set to "normal" factory ride. When lifting to OR1 or OR2 you get additional clearance.
Shhhh you are going to drive up the price of these…..grin

I have the aftermarket linkages on mine that levels the truck- awesome just be sure to get the ones with clips.

Beendare

WKR
I do wish the major mnfrs would put smaller more economical motors in these.

The 4 cyl Diesel in my Hino is awesome…20mpg in a 1 1/2 Ton Flatbed dump. 200k and we beat the crap out of it. Then we constantly are towing it loaded along with heavy equip on a trailer. Its a beast…just not quick off the line.

I would buy a pickup with a 4 cyl diesel in it in a heart beat. I almost bought the Ram 1/2 ton ecodiesel but diesel is $1.00 or more per gallon here.

Icelk

FNG
After driving Toyota and Lexus for years with no issues it’s hard for me to buy anything else. I tried going to chevys and fords for more creature comforts but the time and cost for repairs didn’t pencil out for me.