Trying this

Munch

FNG
I will try this route. I will be hunting the salmon unit next year. Does anyone know of any packers for hire that would be willing to pack us into the wilderness?

1 trick we use at times is we pick a spot on the maps that we think might be good, then we pick towns that are close by it and google for feed stores, farm supply stores or anything in that nature. Usually a quick call to 1 of these with a few questions about if they know someone in the area thats for hire to pack us in. Even if they don't know them selves they can usually point us in the rite direction. More times than not this will get us what we need. Best of luck

There are Outfitters who are licensed for specific areas and no overlap in Idaho. The feed store may be a good place to ask but checking with the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Assoc or the Forest service as to who is permitted for a certain area is a better bet. Anyone being paid to pack you in to the wilderness, or anywhere in Idaho for that matter and not being the permit holder for that area, would be considered illegally outfitting.

Last edited:
Don't rely on packers, man. I think Hunt Talk had a thread on this recently. Few outfitters give a dang about packing. They cater to guided clients all the way through.