Trying to gage interest in lightly used carbide tooling (endmills inserts etc)

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I work at a very large machine shop as a day job. We go thru roughly $100,000 in carbide inserts, drills and endmills every month. A lot of parts we make we “time out” tools due to surface finish requirements, light tool wear, etc.

We’re tossing around the idea of perhaps selling bags of lightly used inserts, and endmills. They would all be more than useful. I have a bunch of stuff already set aside. And if your wondering about the condition of the tools... I’ve finish turned about 300 muzzle brake blanks with one of the “timed out” 4 sided inserts.

Would love some feedback whether or not gunsmiths, or just garage tinkerers would be interested in this. Would probably be like $100 for a small bag, but new the tooling would be $500 or more.

Photo attached is a hoard of endmills I amassed after a year or so.

I’m not 100% if we will go thru with this, but I hate seeing good condition tools get sold as scrap. Plus they are trying to cut tooling cost and I see this as a good option.

Ken

4FE1DCF7-506A-4453-BC67-613C75CA6B63.jpeg

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok cool, I had a bunch of People off another forum say they would be interested. Hopefully that pushes them to go thru with the project!

feanor

WKR
I would be interested possibly. How many to a bag would you include for the price do you think? Is it the pink bags? Just saw that.