Two guns to end them all?

30-06 in a Winchester Model 70 EWSS or Classic. Or maybe a Montana Rifle Company X2 in 30-06. I sure like my Ruger 1B in 30-06 also.

6mm Remington in a Ruger 1B or find a used Ruger MKII. Maybe a Winchester Model 70 and rebarrel it for 6mm Remington. 1-9 twist - 24" barrel on the bolt rifle and the 1B comes with a 26" barrel.

16Bore

WKR
I don’t know about very similar....the pic of the ‘06 I posted in 7#2oz as you see it.

First, shop around for both the rifles and scopes. You can save considerable money buy not going to BP/Cabelas. Call Doug for your riflescopes.

Second, go with the 6.5 CM/7mm-08 and pair it with the 300 Win Mag/7mm Rem Mag. For the "small" caliber go with the SuperLite. For the "big" caliber go with the Lite. The extra ounces will help a bit with recoil. Contrary to internet myth, the recoil with the magnums is not nearly as bad as what people hype it up to be.

I have a T3X Lite SS in 300 Win Mag topped with a Leopold VX6-HD (3-18x50). I also have a T3X Lite SS in 6.5 currently topped with a Swarovski Z5 (3.5-18x44); the Swaro will be replaced with a VX5-HD (3-15x44). If I just had these two rifles, I'd have no issues hunting any big game animal in NA minus coastal brown bears and bison.

kipper09

WKR
I kind of had this same idea in mind and ended up with a 6.5 creedmoor and a 30-06 both in fieldcrafts.
98fbb658b18938b610be07a31bba5478.jpg
8080dcfd6a1568bb8de5cf5a4b120e71.jpg
42d8a0d39a4f130aee55df69e002a321.jpg

Figure this should cover about anything in North America. I’m sure I’ll want and buy more guns but I feel it’s a pretty good combo of lightweight rifles. 06 comes in at 6 1/2 pounds all up. And the CM at 6 flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
what have you shot with an -06 that precludes using the 6.5?

When I said "more versatile as a hunting cartridge" I meant that the '06 can handle a wider range of game animals than the 6.5 Creedmoor. From pronghorn to moose/brown bears the '06 is more "versatile".

Just because you can kills things with both doesn't mean they are the same. I am only going off of what the OP stated in his original post, that he wanted something for bear & moose then something for everything else. Then later stating he wanted one rifle to handle it all and spend his saved money on a better scope.

The Creedmoor is a neat round, but it's not a do it all for everything like the '06 is.

Question is, why would you choose the 6.5 Creedmoor for moose & bear?

When I said "more versatile as a hunting cartridge" I meant that the '06 can handle a wider range of game animals than the 6.5 Creedmoor. From pronghorn to moose/brown bears the '06 is more "versatile".

Just because you can kills things with both doesn't mean they are the same. I am only going off of what the OP stated in his original post, that he wanted something for bear & moose then something for everything else. Then later stating he wanted one rifle to handle it all and spend his saved money on a better scope.

The Creedmoor is a neat round, but it's not a do it all for everything like the '06 is.

Question is, why would you choose the 6.5 Creedmoor for moose & bear?

like I said,do tell of all the grizz you’ve shot with an 06 and repeat all your horror stories of the 6.5 not getting it done.

Or moose, or eland, or kudu...

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
like I said,do tell of all the grizz you’ve shot with an 06 and repeat all your horror stories of the 6.5 not getting it done.

Or moose, or eland, or kudu...

Do tell of all the grizz, moose or what ever you hunt with the 6.5 Creedmoor & why you think it's the end all of hunting big game cartridges.

OP wanted something to hunt bear & moose, I gave my opinion on what is a respected cartridge for those animals. All you've done is criticize my suggestion because it isn't a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Get off your high horse and learn to understand what you read.

Ruger 10/22
Browning A-Bolt 300 WSM

I can kill mostly anything with a combination of these two guns...

Do tell of all the grizz, moose or what ever you hunt with the 6.5 Creedmoor & why you think it's the end all of hunting big game cartridges.

OP wanted something to hunt bear & moose, I gave my opinion on what is a respected cartridge for those animals. All you've done is criticize my suggestion because it isn't a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Get off your high horse and learn to understand what you read.

This is getting entertaining.

what have you shot and killed with any cartridge that you couldn’t with a 6.5 creedmoor?

Dirt Wagon

Lil-Rokslider
This is getting entertaining.

what have you shot and killed with any cartridge that you couldn’t with a 6.5 creedmoor?

I'm not gonna have a back and forth with a cartridge fanboy, it's obvious your perspective on it is skewed to what it can reliably do against big body animals.

I'll just let other people weigh in on the subject rather than waste my time on you.

I'm not gonna have a back and forth with a cartridge fanboy, it's obvious your perspective on it is skewed to what it can reliably do against big body animals.

I'll just let other people weigh in on the subject rather than waste my time on you.

post up any quote from me that somehow indicates I’m a fanboi of any cartridge let alone a 6.5.

this is comical. And you accuse me of having reading comprehension issues.

We’ll drop half a millimeter. Hang a pic of any critter you shot in NA that the 243 won’t kill.

Can we just stop messing around and instead talk about what an atlatl can or cannot kill because I think that’s really what we’re all here for

Can we just stop messing around and instead talk about what an atlatl can or cannot kill because I think that’s really what we’re all here for

Watched some natives run an atlatl on kayaks on the togiak river trying to get seals. I think they killed a couple but weren’t able to recover. Then they got out the 17hmr and killed a bunch just culling them. Seals don’t float in fresh water.

pretty neat to see. Fvck they don’t care at all for whiteman rules. They’d fish half a mile over the boundary.

Oh well. Was pretty cool to go check out round island and the walrus on the way home. Scratch fishing silvers in bristol is just an excuse to pay for shooting guns and delay going home.

btw the problem with atlatl is the dart flexes a lot so they are the exact opposite of a Trad bow in regards to range in large game. Only a plus side of 30 yard weapon.

Watched some natives run an atlatl on kayaks on the togiak river trying to get seals. I think they killed a couple but weren’t able to recover. Then they got out the 17hmr and killed a bunch just culling them. Seals don’t float in fresh water.

pretty neat to see. Fvck they don’t care at all for whiteman rules. They’d fish half a mile over the boundary.

Oh well. Was pretty cool to go check out round island and the walrus on the way home. Scratch fishing silvers in bristol is just an excuse to pay for shooting guns and delay going home.

btw the problem with atlatl is the dart flexes a lot so they are the exact opposite of a Trad bow in regards to range in large game. Only a plus side of 30 yard weapon.

Admittedly I was being a facetious smart a$$ but that’s extremely cool