Tyvek ground cloth

Where does everyone get their tyvek for ground cloths? I have only been able to find large rolls for $100+. I'm only needing 2 pieces large enough to put sleeping pads on.

Keep your eye on new builds, as soon as you see the tyvek go up, go take a walk around the job site and ask for any scraps. I did that a guy gave me about 40 ft or so that was still on a roll.

Six moon designs sells tyvek sheets cut to 2 different sizes for backpacking use

It's a good easy option that I went with.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
If you use Tyvek, run it through the washer a couple of times and wrinkle it up. It will be more flexible and quiet.

Fred

Lil-Rokslider

GoHunt has the seekoutside Fearlessly Floorless Ground Sheet listed for $12.00 Way better than Tyvek

Become a carpenter. Haha that’s me and we get lots of scraps.. like was mentioned find a local job site and I think most builders would be happy to give u a piece!

WBrim

WKR
Amazon. Lots of options cheap. Grommets installed and everything.
Do you use the grommets much? Maybe I’m just not so creative, what would you use them for? Just to tie down for draft pushing it around?

I’ve ditched the Tyvek and have moved to Polycro(the clear plastic window insulation heat shrink stuff) as it’s way lighter, less bulky, clear so you can see rocks underneath it when using as a footprint , surprisingly durable, readily available, easily cuts to whatever shape, and super cheap.

Fetty Wapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Do you use the grommets much? Maybe I’m just not so creative, what would you use them for? Just to tie down for draft pushing it around?
I stake it down inside my shelter to keep it from sliding around under me.

rclouse79

WKR
Has anyone had an air pad get punctured through a piece of Tyvek? I am trying to decide if Tyvek will do, or if I need to bring a foam pad.