Tyvek ground cloth

Backyard

WKR
Another FYI:
I thought that I was cutting a bunch of weight by going with Tyvek instead of the factory made footprint. Then I weighed em both. Weighed almost exactly the same. And the footprint isn’t slippery, or crinkly loud, and has grommets for the pole ends. No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I tried tyvek for a while. Washed it a couple times and after a few uses it shriveled up and didn't hold its shape. Lately I've been using a Matty mcmatt face. Basically no weight penalty vs tyvek and it is way better stuff. It is bulky though.

rclouse79

WKR
I just bought a 9x9 piece of tyvek on eBay and had it delivered for $30. It was big enough to completely cover the side opposite the stove and about 2/3 of the side with the stove. I cut out the middle 1/3 from the pole to the edge on the stove side so the stove is on the ground and there is a buffer from the tyvek. I also trimmed the corners on the other side so it fit inside the shelter.
The best arrangement I have found for two people with the stove is the head of both pads meeting at the point between the two doors opposite the stove with the foot of each pad angling toward each door. Tying the tie out upward using a stick really improves headroom. It is pretty easy to maintain clearance from the stove when it is running.
I am thinking about putting a big rock next to the side of my sons pad closest to the stove since he is a roller.