UFC 291

OP
W
Not even on the same level nowhere close.
Everybody’s got an opinion. Here’s mine. Khabib quit because he himself said he was slipping. And, that his body was getting old. That his time was up. I agree, he made everyone better. But, they are on different timelines.

Can you imagine the confidence Gaethje has now? He’s beaten everyone that could easily be setting where he is currently. He’s got two ahead of him that he has to get ready for. He will have a year to do so. He knows what he’s got to do. And he will do it earnestly. He wants to be champ.

Olivera is going to reclaim his title. I personally believe he’s as good lightweight as there has ever been. But, he’s gotta want it. I think he does.

Back to reality. The reason they fight is to see what really happens. Khabib quit before someone’s desire got the best of him. And, the era the lightweight division is in, any of the top 5-6 could easily be the current champ.

Everyone’s got a chance. And any given night could go a lot of different ways.

Well, the main was tough to guess the outcome on, Dustin and Justin are both studs, and a 3rd fight would not be one I would bet on… can’t personally root against either of them, a couple of my favorite fighters to watch

Dustin has been in the game a long time, was very good early on, then became so so, then something happened and he turned into a top level talent… quite impressive in the fight game, and have a ton of respect for him

Justin has always shown such good character, and it’s amazing how good he has become

I agree with others that you can’t compare someone like current Justin to Khabib, Justin has improved a lot since then and his confidence is at a different level, which is a huge factor in fighting… how many fighters have been top level, never losing, get beat once and turn into a completely different fighter (Aldo, Conor, Silva, etc) once confidence is broken, it’s a different game… when confidence is 100%, the opposite is true. I could see Justin going on a big streak of unbeatable, with his talent and confidence, he could become untouchable for a period of time

I do think it’s awesome Khabib quit when he did, most don’t have that level of discipline to know when. MMA is a very unique sport, and the only one I really enjoy. It’s crazy how good today’s elite fighters are…. Compared to how good the best were 15 years ago, it’s literally a different sport