Ultraview bow sight

I had a buddy pre order the ultra view bow sight for 600$ I’d never heard of these guys and wanted to check out their warranty. Warranty voided if you take this sight out in the cold, snow, rain, sleet, or WIND. Screen shot from their website. Not sure this product is much of a “bow sight”. I also wouldn’t say this sight has any kind of “warranty.” Education post for anyone looking at the ultraview.

ace0e8af35cef81d7954358148747680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a reason not to buy one. I wouldn't pay 500+ for one if it wasn't covered in rain or snow. Half the places most people hunt are in somewhat harsh environments and rain and snow can present at any moment. I'd be interested to see a durability test on the UV site and what kind of extreme weather would damage it and what damage would occur.

RC_

FNG
I don’t plan on purchasing one, think it’s overpriced, and agree saying cold, rain, and wind void the warranty is odd considering it’s expected to be used hunting, but it’s likely legal language to protect the company from customers abusing the warranty.

I just checked HHA’s site and disassembly or modification voids their warranty. In theory, using an aftermarket scope could void the warranty, it doesn’t always mean the company won’t honor it.

Hearing about people’s experience with warranty service on UV’s other equipment and whether they stand behind their products would be helpful for those making a purchasing decision. Anyone have anything they can share in that regard?

elvis

FNG
I'm pretty cheap but I talked myself into buying one of these, I love it. I hope they wouldn't try to pull this BS if I ever had an issue.

ZDR

WKR
I’ve had good experiences with UV warranty service, but I know they recently took the dealers and pro shops out of the warranty calls and now deal with the customers directly. I think they are trying to tighten up their process some.
I don’t own the sight, but have had releases and scopes from them.

I’ve had good experiences with UV warranty service, but I know they recently took the dealers and pro shops out of the warranty calls and now deal with the customers directly. I think they are trying to tighten up their process some.
I don’t own the sight, but have had releases and scopes from them.
I hope that's the case. My brother just bought one and it's backorder until March. I hope if he has any legitimate issues that UV will take care of him. I am wanting a UV button and know they are made extremely well I've torn a friends apart to view internals. I feel the same quality would be in the sight as well.

I bought one used so I hope I don’t have any issues with it. Time will tell. I am not hard on my equipment so I don’t anticipate any issues.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The key word that the OP didn't highlight in this is "extreme ". As in extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme rain, etc. You take it to the Arctic and drop it and it breaks I'd be willing to guess they wouldn't cover it. 99.99% of hunting conditions aren't what one would consider extreme.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I bought a lefty and quickly returned it. UV is selling me a right hand sight turned upside down. Not acceptable for $600 and just lazy.

The key word that the OP didn't highlight in this is "extreme ". As in extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme rain, etc. You take it to the Arctic and drop it and it breaks I'd be willing to guess they wouldn't cover it. 99.99% of hunting conditions aren't what one would consider extreme.

I don’t know. It just makes a gray area for them to hide behind, the term extreme is broad, and the fact they mention rain seems silly, what is extreme rain? We get Forest Gump rain here on the regular, and once it gets to a certain point, harder rain doesn’t matter

I wasn’t considering them regardless, but I likely wouldn’t buy anything with a warranty description like that, especially a piece of hunting equipment, seems crazy

I bought a lefty and quickly returned it. UV is selling me a right hand sight turned upside down. Not acceptable for $600 and just lazy.

I have seen this complaint and agree it is simply lazy for $600 sight. I hope mine is what I expect if not I guess I can always sell it or have a paperweight in my office.

I will let you know what I think once I get some time behind mine.

jbelz

FNG
There is no phone number at UV – therefore, there's no one to talk to at UV. If you ever have an issue with the sight, the experience will likely look a lot like mine, where I had to utilize their chat and email channels and wait approx two weeks for a reply. When they did reply, it was to inform me a replacement was on the way.

My concerns were regarding a brand new scope I received (that clearly wasn't actually "new"), but while waiting to hear back from them, my 14-day return window expired for their online portal (at 11 days, which was frustrating). To their credit, the replacement item was perfect, but the lack of customer service and QC has turned me off to UV until that gets corrected.

OP
JBirthisel

I guess I didn’t take it as extreme cold, extreme rain, because they only posted it once. But I posted a picture so everyone can make their own conclusions.

Dex818

FNG
I bought the sight and absolutely love it. People will always hate on higher priced products they can’t afford or make their current equipment look like a crushed soda can.

OP
JBirthisel
I bought the sight and absolutely love it. People will always hate on higher priced products they can’t afford or make their current equipment look like a crushed soda can.

That’s a lot of assumptions but I hope it makes you a better archer.

jbelz

FNG
There's a significant difference between "hating" on a product and rightfully critiquing it. UV's QC, warranty and customer service has rightfully been called into question – this doesn't mean they make a bad product, nor does it mean a guy shouldn't buy one. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but there is no measurable difference in quality and performance between a UV Slider and the other high-end sights on the market (I've played with them all). I'd be curious to know what your definition of a "crushed soda can" is.