Ultraview UV3 vs UV3XL

KRATOCT

FNG
I've been doing a lot of searching for opinions related to this topic as well as contacting Ultraview and some of their largest dealers directly. The search hasn't yielded many results as I have not come across a forum post, article or youtube review on it and the answers I have received from Ultraview and the dealers vary.

I will be building a new bow this year, most likely looking to be the Phase 4 29 based on what I have shot so far. I currently have the Axcel Landslyde carbon bar that the scope will attach to. Primary focus is whitetail hunting in Michigan but a whitetail, mule deer or Elk hunt out west typically happens every year, recently the focus has been elk. I shoot an indoor 3d league and a dart video league in the winter months as well as 1-2 TAC shoots a year.

I definitely strive to set up tune and shoot my bows to be far more accurate than the average hunter walking into a pro shop; its important to me but most of all I enjoy it. I have been running the same bow for the past ten years however and I'm due for an upgrade so plan to get everything new. I have been researching and plan to do significant tuning to have the most accurate set up I can (ex. bare shaft tuning, broadhead tuning, etc.) while keeping this a very functional hunting rig since that is what it will be used as most. I'm questioning that the standard UV3 may be too small at a 31mm scope. However I don't want the UV3XL to be oversized. Without being able to get my hands on these in person, I'm just taking a guess and looking for suggestions.

Thanks!

use a compass to draw a circle of the size of the housing and tape it to your existing sight setup.. that should give you the appropriate feel

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I think you get both, another mounting bar, and the additional bracket to swap the scopes on the Landslyde by loosening the wing nut. Then, you can have the best of each world when you want it.

My current setup is a V3X with a Landslyde and UV3. This replaced my Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL. I haven't had a chance to have an animal in my sights (yet), but I'm liking the size of the UV3. I shoot both eyes open, so the smaller housing shouldn't pose an issue to me, but if I find it does, I'll jump back to the Fast Eddie. My understanding is the UV3XL is the same diameter as most hunting sights on the market.

josef

FNG
The standard uv3 is going to give you more distance out of your slider before you get fletching contact. The xl gives you more “FOV” through the sight. I can’t think of many other pros/cons.