Uncomparghe vs. UA alpine ops

Lowg08

WKR
Has anyone had both. I’m looking for a packable insulation layer to take back country hunting.

TSAMP

WKR
I have a FL uncomp vest, and have the Alpine jacket. So not a true comparison but i would speculate the FL doesnt have 1/4 the loft as the UA. It's also noticeably noisier.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thanks. That is a good bit of info to have

TSAMP

WKR
There is a thread under gear deals on the UA alpine stuff. Sizing runs large so be aware.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it out. I would be wearing it over my set up

Wheels

WKR
I had both, sold the Uncompahgre pants and kept the UA pants. Liked the fit of the UA pants better, the First Lites were real baggy in the butt. The Uncompahgres are probably more durable, but I’m not walking around with them as an outer layer. Plus, I got the UA pants when they had them for $98.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I hope I can find a good deal maybe.
you can get the UA pants new with tags on ebay for $75-$100. I just received a pair. Size large was 16oz on the nose. They do run just a hair small. I got a size large which is advertised as 35-37" waist (I usually wear 33" to 34" waist) and they're barely big enough through the hips thighs to be comfortable over other pants.

jt4

WKR
Not really similar. Synthetic vs down. The UA jacket is probably twice as puffy as the FL and a good bit warmer. UA is heavier. My UA jacket in XL weighs 28.9oz and is way more comparable to the FL chamberlain but for way less if you catch it on sale.

Downside to UA is they have absolutely no idea how much down weight is in the jacket. It says 800+ down, but I've asked about 6 times for fill weigth and no one can give an answer. That makes it hard to compare cost/weight/warmth to other down jackets without having them both in hand.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't realize the parka was that heavy. I can't believe Remi packs it around on the mountain with all his camera gear lol

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I’m willing to pay the weight price for warmth. Thanks guys